Charged before due date = overdraft fees
britac11

Hello,

We just got our first bill for Verizon DSL. It is due on March 16 but for some reason came out of our bank account March 5. We had budgeted for it to be coming out on the 16th so we paid off other bills resulting in us not having enough money in our account for DSL to come out before our next pay period. We called Verizon to ask why it came out earlier and they told us that they couldn't do anything about it. Now we will be charged an overdraft fee each day. Is this fair?

Brit

0 Likes
Re: Charged before due date = overdraft fees
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

I'm guessing you have automatic payment set up? Most companies take the payment 7-10 days before the due date. Usually they notify you a day or two before it's going to pull the money out in case you need to stop it or change it.

From what you're saying I would stop the automatic payment and pay manually whenever you have the money.

0 Likes
krohns

The same thing just happened to me and i never had it set up with automatic payment  (we just signed up for verizon last month and are already very unhappy) we just got charged 3 overdraft fees ($30 each time...this is compleatly unfair and i will be warning eveyrone i know about it!)

0 Likes
DAS113
Enthusiast - Level 1

Watch yourself with manual pay also. I haven't been sent an email notice yet. I've made 2 payments and they were both due on different dates. They also tell you it will take an additional 3 days to get credited to your account from when you submit it.

I've contacted them with no change in my receiving an email. I checked and my email address they have listed is correct. I guess they just don't care.