Charged for Mayweather fight
alexa0974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am writing to dispute an erroneous pay-per-view billing charge of $99.99 (the title of the alleged pay-per-view show is Mayweather fight). I have already tried to dispute this charge over the telephone, and after spending 3 hours explaining my situation to multiple Verizon customer service representatives,  I was told that Verizon is not refunding for this fight charge.

My mother andI are the only two members living in our household that have access to the FIOS box; and we attest that we did not purchase nor watch the pay-per-view show as accused by Verizon. We have been loyal Verizon customers for a long time, and we have always maintained our account in good standing (paid full balance on time, every month). Furthermore, our pay-per-view account history will prove that we have never purchased a pay-per-view show, so it seems absurd that we would suddenly purchase a fight match that costs $99.99!

Verizon customer service representatives repeatedly informed me that the data indicates that we “watched” the pay-per-view show; however we believe that we are being wrongfully accused of purchasing/watching this show, and we are being charged for a service that we did not order.

I believe that it is Verizon’s customer service obligation to accept my appeal to remove this incorrect billing charge in good faith, and thereby issue a full refund for the applicable charges. As a loyal customer, I am very distraught that I had to spend 3 hours of my time defending myself to Verizon’s customer service staff. I am very frustrated and distressed by the fact that Verizon’s staff has essentially accused me of being dishonest and making a fraudulent claim. This sort of poor customer service by such a reputable business is simply unacceptable. For a company that generates over $120 billion in revenue, refunding a customer a mere $99 should not be an issue in the interest of retaining customer satisfaction. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged for Mayweather fight
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes