Charged for discontinued TV service but retained internet service
croberts1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and cancelled my FIOS TV service on 10/31, but retained my internet service.

I noticed the next day that I was still going to be billed for FIOS TV service from 11/4. I called and was assured that it would be corrected and that my account would also be credited for 11/1 to 11/3 and to check my online statement after 48 hours.

Once again, the account wasn't updated so I called again. This time I was told that the agent had scheduled the cancellation for 11/10, but this time my account would be properly corrected and credited after 11/10.

I checked on 11/11 to find that nothing had changed. This time my wife called and was told it would be corrected within 24 hours.

Having checked again, I found that the account had been credited, but I was still to be charged $190 FOR A SERVICE THAT I HAD CANCELLED AND WAS NOT EVEN RECEIVING DURING NOVEMBER. Furthermore I have already returned the equipment and received confirmation that it had been received by Verizon.

I called again yesterday but this time was told by the agent ("Samantha") that there was nothing she could do and that I would have to pay the $190 and that I would be credited on my bill in December. She also said she was sorry that I had been "lied to" (her words) by the other agents and could not explain to me why I had been told on four previous calls that this would be resolved. She could also not explain why, having cancelled service on 10/31 I was to be charged for the month on November.

It is completely unacceptable that I would be charged for service in November that I cancelled in October. My reading of the situation is that the first Verizon agent I spoke to incorrectly scheduled the cancellation for 11/10 and as such I have to pay for her mistake.

Please correct this before you take $190 from my account. I will seriously have to consider whether I should continue using Verizon services at all

Re: Charged for discontinued TV service but retained internet service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi croberts,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes