Charged for pay per view I never ordered
traden66

I am just so angry right now. Verizon is cheating me and from what I see on this message board, I am not the only one.

On 5/1 I rec'd an email that said "Thank you for your order". It was that fight on 5/2.

I do not watch fighting.I can't even tell you who was fighting. I don't even know who won a week later.

On 5/1 I called Verizon and told them there was an error, no one ordered the fight. They insisted I did. I told them to take it off and not to charge me. I was eventually told that the guy "put a ticket thru and I was good to go". I repeated, so I will not be charged for this? He said no, you will not be charged.

I get my bill and guess what? Charged $100 and whatever taxes and nonsense that is added onto it.

I called them this morning and argued with a guy about whether or not I watched the fight.

Let me tell the you how I spent the night of 5/2. I was out to dinner with my family celebrating my birthday.  I fell ill while at the restaurant and was taken by ambulance to the hospital ER. I was discharged about 11PM.

I told this to Verizon and asked if they needed me to provide documentation of it all. I told them if they said yes that would be absolutely disgusting. I repeated told them that they should be able to tell from my tone of voice and my anger that they needed to correct their error.

Eventually I was told that I was going to be transfered to the dept that would take care of it. And guess what? Disconnected.

So, based on comments to this message board I am not the only customer who says they did not order that fight. Looks like Verizon has a problem. They are either cheating their customers or their customers are being cheated by people tapping into their cable. Either way, the customers are being cheated !!!!

I was out right lied to on the night of 5/1 when I was told I would not be charged for a pay per view event that I called to cancel 24 hours before it aired.

I am not getting any satisfacion from the so called customer service dept when I called today. Put on hold endlessly, told I watched something while I was sitting in the hospital, transfered from person to person and then disconnected.

And each time I have called the representatives have actually argued with me and told me I did something I did not do !!!

It just amazes me that their computers will tell them that I supposedly ordered the fight, but cant tell me from which cable box (there are 5 in my house) and they cant seem to have it on record that I called the night of 5/1. Very convenient Verizon. Very convenient that your records only seem to show what is in your favor.

This customer service is absolutely horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible !!!!!!!!

So Verizon, what do I do to talk to a human being - not an automated service - who has the common sense to realize that this error needs to be corrected?

And dare I ask, what do I get for all the aggravation and hassle I am being put thru?

Wanna make this right? Credit my account immediately for that fight and all taxes and fees associated AND give me an extra credit on top of that - and do not insult me with a $10 credit - for the time I am spending on this and the fact that I was argued with, lied to and isconnected with no return call !!!!

Any other business would do that.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for pay per view I never ordered
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes