Complaint on Customer Service/Verizon internet Service package
Evohaska

I pay my Verizon bill often before it is due. For October, I paid my bill (which has been the same for two years) early. At the end of last week, I received a notice that my bill was overdue The cost difference was over 100$. When I received a notice that my payment was overdue, I quickly tried to call Verizon. To my disappointment, I tried calling the 1-800-verizon number several times only to be transferred and eventually sent to a 3rd party service called "frontier" of which was solely an automated system and could not help me. After calling multiple times, I proceeded to go into the local Verizon store. There, I sat waiting while being told "I'll be with you in a minute". A minute turned into 30-40 and frustrated, I went outside the store to call again in hopes of talking to a person. Unfortunately I was not able to speak to a person. So, I went back in and said I was leaving due to frustration. Then and only then was the staff interested in my issue and that if I came back in 30 minutes they might be able to assist. I proceeded to go to 2 more stores and even though they were not able to help me, the last store patched me through to customer service on the store phone.

I must preface, that although my experience is still yet to be rectified, the individuals over the phone were never rude. That being said, when I finally was able to talk to a human being about the bill. I was told that my contract had expired and I'm being charged the full rate. I told the representative I was not formally notified of this change. She said, yes you were and it's on the second page of your bill and you must not have seen it but you were notified. Confused, frustrated and looking for a solution, I asked to be put on a new contract with the same cost. She said they couldn't do that because like prices for gas go up in the market, so does internet. Irritated, I said, prices for commodities like gas and internet aren't the same to compare. She proceeded to say that maybe that wasn't a good example but people need internet because she personally cannot live without internet. Basically, it's just the way it is and the prices cannot be changed. Then, I asked for a manager/supervisor. The representative said she would get one but that they aren't going to be able to help me because they can't change the way the business is run. After being transferred to a manager, I was told the same thing essentially and that my previous rate was a "new customer welcome package" and they can't give me the same rate now that I'm not new to the company. As you can imagine, I was even more disappointed as a customer of Verizon. I asked what she could do to help the poor experience I've received the past two days. She said, that it was just the way it was and she's sorry I was upset and didn't want to lose my business.  After getting the same answer multiple times, I asked what I needed to do to cancel my service so I can move on to a different provider. ONLY THEN did she offer me any sort of help. Only $35 off my "overdue" bill. I figure, maybe that will work and I can add my government employment discount and it would be better. So after signing another 2 year contract, I looked up my account the next morning to ensure the changes were made...to my amazement, there was a$30 credit and not a $35 credit AND I'm approved to receive my discount (received the email to my work email and clicked the link stating I was approved for the discount) but can't actually add it on my account.  I'm starting to think that $165 fee to get out of my contract might be worth it...to say customer service is a disappointment would be a colossal understatement.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint on Customer Service/Verizon internet Service package
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Evohaska,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes