Complex concern with FiOS services
nrana14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good afternoon

I am writing this post after I have spoken with sales, billing, technical support (both online chat & over the phone) and even the local FiOS Center in Paramus, NJ to no resolution on my current issue. Please see chat #s & dates below.

This issue will be divided into multiple sections so please allow me to headline what the issue is. A few days ago to my surprise, I logged into the MyVerizon homepage/landing page and saw that I was somehow added onto a two-year contract. The only change I have made in the past 10 months or so (I have been a customer with Verizon FiOS for 5+ years now) was in January to upgrade my speed from 25/25 to 50/50. Now let me clarify very specifically here before I go any further.. There are two options on your website: Renew Contract OR Keep Exisiting Contract. I chose Keep Existing Contract. I did not add any new services such as movie channels, international channels, internationall calling, home phone, Quantum, etc.. As well NOT accepting any promotions that were available such as the $300 Visa Gift card.

To add on top of that, I have been off-contract with Verizon FiOS for more than a year now and I have reached out to Verizon to see if there were any available promotions so I would be WILLING to accept a contract if there was something good for me to go with, however nothing interested me. That is why I stayed off contract until something good was presented to me. With that being said, there was no contract accepted because none of my primary services were changed other than a feature to move to 50/50. And with that option, it was a feature change not a contract renewal.

Here is a chronological outline of my interactions with Verizon:

1/5/15: Went from 25/25 to 50/50 and kept exisiting contract - No email confirmation was provided to me, no correspondence was sent over email or regular postal mail

1/15/15: Opened a chat with an online representative to see if there was any promotions on the South Asian package (retailing for $34.99 mth). There was nothing available, so I logged off.

1/15/15-4/20/15: Periodiocally logged into MyVerizon account online and saw my services which showed "Renew Your Contract. Currently on Monthly Pricing" under my Monthly Bill Payment (front page).

4/11/15: Opened a chat with an online representative to downgrade my 50/50 to 25/25 because I was not getting the 50/50 speed. My speed topped out at around 30/30. My hardware and software are all compatible with FiOS's 50/50 requirements. I have all 802.11AC/N compatible hardware (laptops, router, internet connected devices). I've also ran through the FiOS Speed Optimizer test to calibrate any MTU settings. I've been pretty thorough with my research and troubleshooting but looks like the local service center could not maintain a higher speed to my residence. So this is why I asked to downgrade. This order number is: {edited for privacy}

4/21/15: I logged onto the MyVerizon last night and saw that I was now on a contract which showed I had "21 months remaining on my contract'!! How does this happen?! I started an online chat and they advised me to call in. So I called in and got Ty from St. Louis, MO. I was on the phone with her for over 1 hour and 25 mins just for her to come back and tell me I accepted a contract in January. Here is the kicker, she said that I removed a $300 Visa Gift Card and added a 50/50 upgrade while accepting a new contract. If I was going to accept a contract, I would take the promotion not remove things to my benefit!!!

I then asked for a supervisor. I waited another 25 mins for Hal, St. Louis, MO {edited for privacy}) supervisor to come on. He said he will need to investigate beceause he could not find the contract acceptance order. He advised he would call me back in one hour. He called me back in one hour and told me the same thing, that I accepted a contract in January. I disputed that because if you look at my history, I have not changed ANY services on my account for the past two years.

I asked for upper leadership and he said I would have to reach out to Verizon Correspondence via postal mail at: PO BOX 33078 St. Petersburg. FL 33733. I will take his suggestion and reach out to them if this issue cannot be resolved here.

4/22/15: Opened a chat with an online representative (Shirley) to see if another set of eyes can look into this matter. After a bit of conversation with Shirley, she forwarded me to her supervisor, Carolyn {edited for privacy} Same answer.

I am now being given the same answer over and over in repitition when none of my services were changed to be locked into a contract. I am very exhausted. I have spent so much time with you and your staff to get down to a resolution. What I would like is to KEEP my exisiting services, I'm not asking for any changes, but to be removed off the contract and not being charged an early termination fee that has been imposed onto this.

The amount of frustration this has caused me has not been well worth the price I'm paying for on monthy basis ($250 a month for the past 5 years). I hope that someone from Verizon management can resolve this issue for me and restore my faith back in the Verizon brand.

Thank you,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Complex concern with FiOS services
nrana14
Enthusiast - Level 1
Solved: I cancelled my service and went back to Optimum.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
nrana14
Enthusiast - Level 1
Solved: I cancelled my service and went back to Optimum.