Conned during moving?
ajtatey

A year ago I signed a 2-year contract. Recently I had to move (<1 mile away). When I tried to move my service via the Verizon site, I wasn't offered the option to move the service I was currently on. There were two options:

1) A drastically downgraded option

2) A drastically upgraded option (gigabit)

I chose option 2. When I moved to the house I found out that, contrary to what the Verizon site had said, gigabit wasn't available. I then went through 3 phone calls with customer/tech support to try and resolve the issue. As I work from home and needed the internet working that day, the only option for me to resolve the issue was to sign another 2-year contract for almost double the price of my previous one. I said to the all the reps that I'm happy to continue with my regular service, but both tech and customer support said they had no way of finding out that information.

I'm not sure:

a) why I couldn't just move my service in the first place. What is the point of the "moving" option if you are just signing up for something new?

b) why the CS representative didn't have my previous account information available (even though he obviously had all my account information) to just go back.

Really feel I was conned by Verizon, first by the site, then by the rep.

0 Likes
Re: Conned during moving?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ajtatey,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes