Contract I was entered for 2 years on 11/2012 without my request, knowledge or agreement.
wrongedbyvzn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am sooooo disappointed and frustrated at customer service from Verizon FIOS>

Call No. 1 On 11-25-2013 my husband called Verizon to cancel our TV Service. At the time we had TV and Internet. A little after he hung up, I received and e-mail message congratulating us on our NEW two year contract for Internet for TWICE AS MUCH as we had been paying.  Now, we NEVER were told, by the customer service rep that a new Internet contract would be started. Not even a mention of such a thing.

Call No. 2 We called back the same day (11-25-2012) and were told that there was nothing to worry about, that internet would also  be cancelled on our account. 

Fast forward a few weeks and we received a new bill with the internet still showing at twice as much and for two years..... What the h... I am pretty sure that we were told that had been cancelled back in November and yet, it still showed up.

Call No. 3 On 1-10-13 my husband called Verizon trying to resolve this error on Verizon's part and he was told that I had agreed to the new contract and price terms... (UUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHH), I never even spoke to anyone at Verizon on the day, so how in the world could I agree to such a thing. He asked what we could do to get this cleared and was told to call Fraud Department to have an investigation opened.

Call No. 4 On 1-17-13 I called customer service and asked to be transferred to Fraud Department, I also asked for a direct number, but was told there wasn't' one, but I could be transferred. In the Fraud Department, I spoke to{edited for privacy} after explaining the reason for my call, she explained that the department did not deal with internet. She put me on hold to ask supervisor what I should do. She got back and said to go thru Account Verification Center, she gave me a number which was incorrect (Call No 5),  the girl that answered gave me another number, Call No. 6 This one was For Account Verification Department. I spoke to {edited for privacy} After going thru the explanation again, she advised me that she couldn't handle the issue at her department, and that it needed to be resolved by Customer Service Dept., because it was an error done by them. She advised that I request to listen to the recorded conversation were we cancelled and when we called and to speak to a supervisor.

{edited for privacy}transferred me back to Customer Service Dept. (Call No. 7). At Customer Service I spoke to a lady with a very heavy accent and who was extremely rude (Iva???), After explaining the situation, I asked her who has access to the recorded calls,and that I wanted to listed to the call where they said I agreed to the new contract and the call where I called to cancel said contract. She said they just can't pull out the conversation. Then I proceeded to ask for a supervisor, she said "there are no supervisors on board" but she said she would have someone call me back the same day!!! 

NO ONE CALLED!!!!

How do I stop the billing for a contract I didn't agree to, ask for, or was ever made aware of.  Cancel this contract, review your recorded conversations on my account to verify that I never did agree to ANYTHING!!! Further, we called to cancel it as soon as we became aware of Verizon's mistake... How can this be any kind of Customer Service?

Re: Contract I was entered for 2 years on 11/2012 without my request, knowledge or agreement.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you, it appears theres no other issues needing addressed. It was our pleasure to help get this sorted out for you. Please make a post anytime you need assistance.

0 Likes