Contract Renewal for a higher price?
johnryanshaw

Hi,

I've generally been quite happy with FIOS, I switched over about 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems.    I was paying my bill today and decided to see what they would offer me to renew my 2 year contract and found this interesting.    

My current price is $114.99 per month.  My new price is 119.99.     Why would I renew?

John

0 Likes
Re: Contract Renewal for a higher price?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the simple answer is ... to lock that rate for two years.   I am in the same dilemma.  Do you lock the rate at the new higher value or go month-to-month probably paying the same higher rate (and potentially more if the rates go up further), but having the flexibility to cancel without any ETF and take your business elsewhere if a better deal comes along.

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

Geez , $119 for the Ultimate (Triple Play) package is good .

Ive been with FIOS for 8+yrs and would have to pay $140 for the Ultimate (Triple Play)  !!! As it stands now I pay $125 for the Extreme package (Triple Play)  .

My contract is up again in two days , and the best I can get for the Ultimate is $140 (online) . I Am seriously not considering re-doing my account as it seems "everyone" else has much better pricing the we do . Going to call to see if a better deal can be done , but that is highly YMMV and has never produced great results for us . I feel duped to some degree . 

Something is just not right here for long time customers . Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@stereo55 wrote:

Geez , $119 for the Ultimate (Triple Play) package is good .

Something is just not right here for long time customers . Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Mad

The person is quoting his Double play price.  Obviously lots of differrent things come into play.  My recent triple play renewal with ultimate was $125.  That was switching to FDV and was a decrease in price.  Note I also have verizon wireless one bill discount. 

0 Likes
Jaynee1

I agree with you.  I have been a loyal customer for years and my price keeps going higher while Verizon offers a free multi-room DVR and set top boxes to new customers.  This is costing me $30 extra a month or over $800 in the last 2 years.  I am looking for an alternative and may just keep the internet service.

0 Likes
alanspez

Recently I was browising your upgrade site. It showed a $5.00 reduction in my bill if I upgraded my speed. $89.99 to $84.99 for my package for 2 months then a $10.00 increase for another 17 months to 94.99. Thinking there was some kind of error I checked with Verizon's home agent and he/she verified the price. So I went ahead and  changed it. I received a confirmation immediately confirming the $84.99 price, then after a couple of days received another one with the $94.99 price.  What''s up with this?  I see no notiicable dirference in the speed and 35/35 Quantum and 35/35 DSL is the same. I actually lost speed when I originally switched to 25//25 quantum from 35/35 DSL. Is this some type of marketing lingo and why would I spend $80 bucks on a new router if I was satisfied with the original  dsl 35/35. I believe this pricing Issue happened once before even though I did not follow up at that time. I verizon does not correct my bill I will try to revert my account back to the 25/25 speed.

0 Likes
alanspez

Is this a shifty marketing practice?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
Daveh12

So Contract Renewal isn't helping others fron getting screwed? As existing customers we would think that the basis of pricing should be fair ,,,, don't you think?

0 Likes