Contract Renewed Without Authorization - Issue Needs Escalation
Hello12311
Enthusiast - Level 1

My current two year contract with Verizon expired, and I went to the Fios website in order to change my current package.

I did not wish to enter into a 2-year contract going forward, and wanted to enter a monthly payment plan instead. When I went to modify my package, I was given no chance to even see the options and instead saw "Thank you for placing your order"

I was NOT given the option to even look at "My Order" let alone confirm it. I was told by support that the website is designed to make you go through multiple confirmations but this is not the choice. 

This "Order" was placed less than 30 minutes ago and I under no circumstances agreed to it and I do not want to be a part of this contract. This is awful business practice on Verizon's part and there has to be a way to rectify this without getting consumer affairs involved.

Re: Contract Renewed Without Authorization - Issue Needs Escalation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hello1231,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes