Contract renewal
lawsonland

My 2 year contract is up in 7 days. The monthly payment will be much higher then it was. Has anyone found out how to or know of renewal discounts? In my verizon they have then new 2 year price and tease with a low 1st month but 2 to 24 is $30 higher.

Is the only way to cancel go with comcast and then come back?

0 Likes
Re: Contract renewal
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

I was told by the first girl that I talked to at 1-800-VERIZON that she could renew my current bundle and keep my copper line even though the website wouldn't let me.

Fifteen minutes later the copper line goes dead and everyone that I've spoken to since is basically telling me, tough {word filter avoidance}, I'm stuck with FIOS, now.

VERIZON LIES !!!!

...the tech has already called this morning to tell me he'll be late and to inform me what everyone since my first contact has said, "You're stuck w/ FIOS."

I'm Epileptic and my Wife's Diabetic. Eight hours "battery backup" (with a brand new battery and practically no usage) is unacceptable !!!

0 Likes
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

If you already have FIOS phone they SHOULD, simply, be able to renew your contract for two more years at a discounted rate.

If your phone is copper and you don't want FIOS phone, beware..

0 Likes
nicgolato

My renewal rate is higher than my out of contract rate and the online chat person flatly said that was the lowest rate. I'm trying to find a number to call but they make it impossible to do that even though they make it impossible to get rid of your land line. I'm really fed up with them.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nicgolato,

Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes