Convesations with Representatives does not get to my records
JW114

I am not understanding why when I speak to a representative regarding issues with my account ie payment arrangements, services not working properly, outages etc. that my discussion with the representative does not get recorded as it occurred.  There are pieces of the conversation not being typed in my records, so when I speak to the next representative I have to start from the beginning and then try to resolve the issue again.  This is making me so angry and so unprofessional.  When contract is up I am out of Verizon.  When I made a compliant, the supervisor told me so what move on in so many words

0 Likes
Re: Convesations with Representatives does not get to my records
jonjones1
Legend

There is no way anyone is going to type in everything a person says on the phone.

the best you can hope for is that you called and had a billing problem, a technical issue with your setup, or need service to get your service working. They cannot write novels.

now this can also be that the people they use are not Americans and as such could not write much of anything.

The last thing I can think of is the company just doesn’t really give a hoot in that there can not be a paper trail. In which case the process is made to have the customers just get so sick and tired of saying things over and over, they will just give up.

so you think about it....?

0 Likes
07mmartin01
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my experience, they left out information of the contact that I made with them regarding trouble that I had with my service (and also never solved my service problems).  I found out later that they had no record of me having any trouble or contacting them with any issues.  They then turned around and used that against me - they said that it was my responsibility to report issues and since there was no record that I had any problems I either had not experienced any problems or I had failed to inform them.  But they were the ones who failed to record the numerous times I had contacted them.  I quickly realized that they don't care - it is to their benefit to play that game.  I canceled my service with them when I realized they don't support the customer and they don't care about the truth.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

When ever I had any real issues with any company I send my issue as “certified return receipt requested” I make additional copies in case I need to use legal means.

Once in writing I would love to see that company state they never received the complaint or bill dispute. 

On your letter make sure at the top of the correspondence the certified number is listed, with the words “Sent Via USPS Certified Return Receipt #************

* is the certified number. 

Once this is received they must respond in writing and no crap phone calls. Accept only written responses. No verbal, no emails, just in writing.

0 Likes
07mmartin01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great point...  But not real helpful when trying to resolve things in real time, like troubleshooting service (and getting passed from one representative to another with no record of the problem).

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@07mmartin01 wrote:

Great point...  But not real helpful when trying to resolve things in real time, like troubleshooting service (and getting passed from one representative to another with no record of the problem).

You are not grasping the point. In real time you are not getting any assistance. You are getting shined on. Push down the line to get angry or frustrated enough to just give up.

you asked “what else you could do”? That is the best solution. In that your complaint involves not getting real time service outside of repeatedly telling your issue over and over with support stating they have no record of previous encounters. The solution is what I gave you. It is up to you to use the option or not. Instant service will not happen.

0 Likes
07mmartin01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wasn't critiquing your advice, but I have discovered that (for me) having service with Fios isn't worth dealing with their customer service.

Perhaps it will help me feel better to send something now, but I don't think it will change my situation. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@07mmartin01 wrote:

I wasn't critiquing your advice, but I have discovered that (for me) having service with Fios isn't worth dealing with their customer service.

Perhaps it will help me feel better to send something now, but I don't think it will change my situation. 

If all else fails and you know that you will not get the service you expect, I would just get another provider. Companies often feel that they have you and can do as they wish. This is not so. Consumers can and should walk when the company gets too big for their britches. 

When they were small and starting out you received the best service imaginable. Of course the equation of less is better comes into play. With larger numbers and make no mistake we are numbers the course of too much too fast takes little to appease their customers. 

When vast numbers get wise and have had enough, you hit them in the pocket book and corporate profits via leaving. Oh right now those 2,000 or 200,000 subscribers leaving is not affecting their churn due to others coming in on deals for 1-2 years.

but like cellular services eventually the saturation rate will take its proper toll on them.

just look at verizons wireless side. They are losing customers hand over fist, but not as bad as AT&T or Sprint which has the worst service in the world.

in the mean time keep complaint to state and federal regulators that govern Verizon and you may get the service you expect.

0 Likes