Customer Service NIGHTMARE (my email to the CEO)
TGSin130391

Mr. McAdam,

I wanted to share my experience with you as I think some of your customer service representatives need more training.  This happened today between 14:00 EST and 14:30 EST.  My goal was to change my home phone number or get rid of the home phone service altogether.

Leslie via chat informed me it costs $22 to change my phone number, but if I cancelled my phone service I would actually SAVE $30 per month as I'm currently not getting a discount on my phone service.  She gave me the number to call to make these changes on my account (844-837-2262).

I then spoke with Nancy on the phone.  She informed me that the information supplied by Leslie was not correct and that I would pay more money if I changed my services.  Her only defense was to say that "what Leslie told you was incorrect".  I told her that this situation seemed awful similar to bait & switch used in the retail world.  She made it clear that she couldn't help me so I requested a supervisor.

Off to chat with Kimberly {edited for privacy}.  She was unbelievably rude and sarcastic.  I have never, ever in my 48 years of life been treated so rudely by a "customer service" representative.  I must say that I had to fight to keep from cursing at her.  She's a huge ball of negative energy.

My point;  I don't want home phone service anymore.  I refuse to pay $22 to have the number changed when I don't want the service at all.  I made it clear when I signed up that I didn't want a home phone.  I was going to use the $30 monthly savings to add channels to my current line-up.  Ms. Kimberly {edited for privacy} is a rotten excuse for a human being.
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service NIGHTMARE (my email to the CEO)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TGSin13039,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes