Customer Service WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU!!!
beachsinger1

I signed up for new FIOS and Internet service in mid-October of 2013.  We were told if we signed a 2 year agreement, even though we didn't have phone service, that we would receive the $200 Amazon gift card (or $300 Visa if they were out of the other) because we were new customers.  My brother in law signed up (with no phone, just FIOS and internet) and actually received this same offer we had asked for.  I asked the girl when I signed up to confirm that we would be receiving this promotion and she told me yes twice before our call was over.  She confirmed to me twice that we would be getting this promotion.

Skip forward a couple weeks.  I called back to upgrade to the next step up in TV channels so my husband could get the NFL Network.  I asked this girl (a completely different girl from the first time) to confirm that we WOULD be receiving the promotional gift card.  She put me on hold for a WHILE, but when she came back, she also confirmed to me that we would be getting the promotional gift card.

It has been over 90 days now, and no gift card.

So, I called customer service and talked to someone who told me we were never confirmed to get a gift card.  Then she put me on hold and a supervisor came back after a LONG hold.  She (I think her name was Jessica) told me that the only way we would be able to get that is if it was noted on our confirmation email. I checked the email and it was not on there.  I told her that 2 different people on 2 different dates BOTH confirmed to me TWICE that we would be getting a gift card.  She told me the only way that it would be honored is if they noted it on the account.  She checked the notes and no one noted anything (after reading the forum posts and how many other people have this complaint - WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED???). Although I told her I know both of the conversations I had were RECORDED and that if she went back and listened to the recordings, she would hear both of these girls tell me we were going to get the promotion, she told me those recordings were only for training purposes and not accessible for anything else. 

So now we are stuck with a company for 2 years who will make us honor our contract EVEN THOUGH THEY WON'T HONOR THEIR END OF THE DEAL!!!!

I wouldn't be so mad but someone I know personally (my brother in law) had already gotten this same promotion!

I would've NEVER signed up for the 2 year agreement if the gift card was not part of the deal.

This was supposed to be my husband and my gifts to each other for Christmas - but now, according to the supervisor, we are just OUT OF LUCK!!!!

This is not the way to get business:  lying to people to get them to sign up and then not honoring commitments.

Get it together, Verizon!

This is not the last you will hear from me!!!

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

beachsinger1,

We are happy to help but will not be able to investigate your account without your information. After multiple requests for this information from you which have gone unanswered, we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
beachsinger1

No one has tried to get any information from me.  I have been checking my email, my phone messages, and logging in to this site and checking my private messages and account and there have been no messages at all.  So don't give me the "we have tried many times to get information from you' line because it is also a lie.

All I want is the gift card your customer service people promised me when I signed up as a new customer.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case.

Please follow the directions that ElizabethS gave you above to access your case and provide the requested information.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

beachsinger1, after multiple requests for information in your Private Support Case that have gone unanswered we have again closed the case. If you still require assistance please make a new post and check your Private Support Thread once it is escalated.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes