Customer Service is really not about the customer and need to improve listening skills.
LoyalL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had been a Verizon Fios (VF) customer for 16 months on a 24 months contract.  I called looking for options to decreasing my monthly payment while maintaining specific channels.  I informed the (VF) representative, Linda, that I was satisfied with what I had except the pricing, that I will more likely remove my premium / movie channels.  I was grandfathered in at the price for my internet connection but was offered an upgrade for the internet speed.  I told her the internet was not as fast as it could be, but it was acceptable.  However she was in such a push to get me off my internet plan by lying that I could maintain the specific channels that I wanted while getting an upgrade in the internet.  I fell for the lie.  Before a two-hour time frame when I turned to view my show on a particular channel, it was not apart of my package as promised.  I called to get my previous service back but was unsuccessful because it was removed and my previous plan was no longer offered; thereby increasing the price of everything.  I also did not notice a speed increase in my internet service.  I will not remain a VF customer when my contract period is up.  You CAN NOT TRUST THE WORDS OF THE VERIZON FIOS REPRESENTATIVES.  The second VF representative I spoke to was also trying to up sell me when I was looking to decrease my overall spending.  Again, Verizon Fios are representatives for the company to make the big organization money and they are not representatives for the customers whose money collectively go together with other customers to pay their wages and/or commissions.  I will really save when I cancel the program once the contract period is over. 

Re: Customer Service is really not about the customer and need to improve listening skills.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service is really not about the customer and need to improve listening skills.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

LoyalL

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is not required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
aer_arait
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen.

0 Likes