Customer Service
v1010vc

So last night I get home and I have no TV, Phone or Internet.  I check out a few things and call customer service.  I talk to a lady there and she runs a couple of tests.  Has me disconnect the power pack and then runs a few more tests.  She then tells me there is a system wide outage in my area.  OK nothing she can do so I hang up and read a book.  Get up this morning still nothing.  I call back in and the next rep tells me I never called last night and there was no outage.  I guess the first lady just didn't want to help.  Now I have to take off work go home and call back in.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? 

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
prisaz
Legend

@v1010vc wrote:

So last night I get home and I have no TV, Phone or Internet.  I check out a few things and call customer service.  I talk to a lady there and she runs a couple of tests.  Has me disconnect the power pack and then runs a few more tests.  She then tells me there is a system wide outage in my area.  OK nothing she can do so I hang up and read a book.  Get up this morning still nothing.  I call back in and the next rep tells me I never called last night and there was no outage.  I guess the first lady just didn't want to help.  Now I have to take off work go home and call back in.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? 

I only had one problem in 5 years and that was the phone dropped out for some reason. When disconnecting the power pack she probably wanted you to also disconnect the battery. That fixed my phone issue and has not happened since. It may have been an issue with the service order record in regards to your call. Regardless it should have been logged. You know the saying about one bad apple. Perhaps that person was having a bad night. Did your service get corrected, and if so what was done. Keep us updated.

0 Likes
neoB

Yes, and I don't understand because not once but three times. And I am very polite even though i'm VERY VERY angry.

I didn't know moving could be so horrible... changing over information and deleteing and adding service is crazy. No matter how many notes were jotted down, or people I talked to, the same problem remained for months. What is the point of calling in if nothing is being done? 😞

0 Likes
akanne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a problem for one month now and I've been in the same situation, passed around from person to person.  Where are the offices we can go to in person?  Obviously, online and on the phone doesn't work.

0 Likes
TF001

I signed on to this forum because I am in the exact same boat, and needed to vent. In the "war" for customers with Comcast, we all come out losers, but at least Comcast pretends to care about their customers!! Verizon employs nothing but unqualified, incompetent imbeciles who are only trained to apologize for things that they can't fix. Then, when they say there's nothing they can do to fix the service, they ask me "is there anything else I can help you with today?" Uh, really!? How about getting my service back online!!!! UGH they make me so freaking angry.

After dealing with their useless customer service reps, taking off work so the technicians can come out and not fix anything, and then having to argue with Verizon about getting credited, I'm just about done and ready to deal with the **bleep** at Comcast.

Seriously, why do we throw away hundreds of dollars a month on companies that treat us like crap?

Verizon is greedy and evil.

0 Likes
ilndhpr

I cannot agree more!  I just spent 93 minutes attempting to get a final bill resolved and was calling from Italy (military) no less.  They have no problem taking the money automatically out of my account but can only tell me that the check is in the mail and it could take 2-4 weeks to receive.  I was transferred to 8 people and have to tell anyone with the same problem to save their money and just reverse the charges on their bill instead of calling.  Make sure you get a confirmation number when you disconnect your service.  Painful, painful, painful.  I hope upon my return back to the U.S. I have Time Warner!  Good riddens....

0 Likes