Customer Support was unable to correct their error and then extend my contract.
cornerkicker

Dealing with Verizon Customer support was a dreadful expierence on May 10 and May 11, 2016. I spent at least 6 hours dealing with them to correct their errors and have me committ to 2 years of Triple Play Ultimate service.  

Customer Service misquotd my request and added an HD DVR. Told me my 9//29/15 contractual bundle adjusted terms would be restored after they errorously posted an agreement without all the financial terms accurately displayed and correct dates entered. Customer Service called me on May 11 to tell me my contract was changed to a deal that I didnot agree to (Voice Mail).  I returned their call to correct the information and tell them I had a 2 year contract set to expire on May 15 (for which all payments were paid in full per the contract terms.   

Dane told me he could only make a notation on the account that if I wanted to leave I would not be charged a prepayment penalty. I offered to sign an agreement proposed by a chat room customer service person later on May 10 and also have the financial aspects arranged . The new contract would commence May 16 so that there would be a clean cutoff on all terms. But Dane said he could not do anything. 

My business expierence puts the poor service squarely on Verizon management. The gentleman maintained there was nothing he could do. Why have people without the capacity to resolve problems in the customer service posistion.

Time to connect the outdoor antenna, use Netflex and Amazon services and my guess is FIOS will not miss $ 290 a month on time all the time. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Support was unable to correct their error and then extend my contract.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Customer Support was unable to correct their error and then extend my contract.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes