Customer service wanted me to call back later and beg for refund
GigaPing

[The short story]   They want me to pay $150 for a tech guy to come to my house and replace $5 of cable just so they can determine the problem isn't my home and still charge me for the visit. CS suggests I call and beg for refund after being billed.

[ Long Story] My FIOS TV and internet wasn't working like it always had. Before the holidays, a Verizon worker knocks on my door during dinner and asked if we had a outage. We told him we just got home and its working. He thanked us and left.

After that,  the problems started to show. 

We experienced breakups and artifacts while watch our regular and premium channels. They worked better in HD formats but many key channels were messed up.

I called and reported the problem. Followed tech supports steps exactly. They issues a new box. New box arrives, I install it and the problem is still there and now I lost half my HD channels!!

I called again and they did their magic. They told me that I had bad wiring in the house and need to send a tech. (3 year old indoor cables went bad?) That would cost me $150 for the visit and more per hour after. I told them about the outage and the odd man that appeared at my door and it was probably related. They said, I still have to pay the tech to come to my house and when he has determined it wasn't my home he would go look outside.. and still charge me for the visit.... umm what? They suggested I call after getting charged the fee and beg to have it removed. I pay $180 a month for the privilege of begging like I'm asking for free handouts. I don't want them in my house. I want them looking for the problem... outside. I'm not paying for your people to fix your problems.

I pay for HD package, Premium channels which got worse after they sent me the box. They tell me its my fault cause the wiring in the house went bad ( first time I heard that one) and I have to pay $150 just to look at it. So my options were.. pay $150 and beg for a refund even if its outside or continue to pay for channels I can't watch, thanks to them.

I cancelled my HD package and removed my premiums. If the channels don't work and they wont send a tech.. I'm not paying for channels I can't get.  I still have problems with my regular channels so it looks like I'm cutting more channels soon.

I don't really watch TV but my girlfriend is disabled and she watches it all day. I already have her setup with a Roku and Chromecast so I can cut more channels.

I remember when the cableguy went to the pole first, not the house. Now greedy Verizon want me to pay their people to make their product work. They wanted me to get the $8-9 a month in-house protection to cover the $5 worth of cable than ran.

Bottom line.. They want the $150 no matter what. Its going to cost them more than that in the end.

0 Likes
Re: Customer service wanted me to call back later and beg for refund
GigaPing

[UPDATE]

I rewired the few feet of cable in the house and nothing changed. I tested the splitter... all good. I went outside to the area where all the cable boxes are kept and discovered that the cable was partially screwed in to the splitter. A recent storm shook it loose. It shifted position which causes the break up in my picture.The original installer didn't screw the connector in securely. I tightened all the cable lines and my picture returned perfectly.

They left the area a mess. It took awhile to figure what cables went where. I'm totally disappointed and a bit angry.

I saved a ton of money finishing the the job the original installer didn’t do. A few simple twists saved me over one hundred bucks.

Time to reorder my HD channels and wait for my contract to expire.

0 Likes
Re: Customer service wanted me to call back later and beg for refund
gene19728
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can help you. I can send you a PM with the information for the executive line and the email for their CEO if you can't get satisfaction here, just let me know. I too have gotten no where with my problem. One of the reps actually laughed at my wife when she explained to them that my autistic son had used the remote to order foreign languagechannels. Absolutely horrid. I've spoken with close to 10 reps, most of which were superviosrs and have gotten no where. Anyone with common sense could look and see that most follks do not speak 4-5 languages in the home. He also initiated a hockey package that we caught back in October and we cancelled it. We noticed again on our last bill and see we have been charged an additional $150 for that and when I call they say the cancellation was for next year. Really? Give me a break. Not to mention the fact that they have the capability to see that none of this programming is ever even used a quick and easy way to validate my issue assuming the common sense doesn't kick in. I wish you luck with your issue. 

0 Likes