DON't ACCEPT BILL CREDITS! SCAMMED BY VERIZON!
tough1

Here is a copy of an email I sent in to Verizon:

MrTauke,

I just wanted to send you an email to let you know I called your office today and spoke with somebody about a billing problem.  I wanted to make you aware of this issue as it has taken a good 15 hours of my time dealing with customer service over the past 8 months.

In October of 2012 I called to cancel my Fios internet and TV, due to a recent change in my employment.  I knew that paying this bill was not going to be in the budget for a few months, so I needed to cut it.  A rep in your Cancellation Department advised me that I was a "valued customer" and that instead of canceling she would give me a 2 month bill credit.

In December of 2012, right before Christmas, I called in again because my employment situation was the same.  Needless to say it was a pretty bare Christmas for my family and cable TV and internet still were not in the budget.  To my surprise, I was again offered another 2 months of free service from your Cancelation Department.  

In March of 2013, my employment status had finally improved and I was working again.  I logged into myverizon.com to pay my bill and i noticed that the 2 months had not been credited.  I called in at that point and was told that the credit was on the account it just wouldn't be reflected on the balance yet.  I called back in 2 weeks later, because it still wasn't reflected on the balance, and was told at that time that it had been declined.  I had no idea that this a credit I had to apply for.  Again, I had tried to do the right thing and cancel, but was told not to worry about it.  I spoke with another rep from the Cancelation Department at this time.  She reviewed the notes on the account and agreed that it was a little misleading.  She stated that all she could do was back date the cancellation and that I would be receiving a final bill in May reflecting a zero balance.  I explained to her that other than this mishap I had been pleased with the service and that I wanted to try and retain it.  She stated that wasn't possible and that my best bet was to back date the cancellation on this account and open a new account. 

At this point, Verizon is still trying to tell me that I owe $407.12 on this account.  I did open a new account, but I am starting to rethink that after the way I have been treated in the past 3 weeks.  I have spent a total of about 9 hours on the phone with your customer service departments.  In those 9 hours I have been transferred no less than 30 times.  I haven't raised my voice at anybody.  The most upsetting part of this all is that I tried to do the right thing way back in October of 2012.  I should have gone with my gut and just cancelled the service.  If this is how responsible customers get treated I would hate to see how somebody who skips out on their bill is treated.

I feel like I have been lied to, mislead, and now ignored.  I am sending this email because I can't spend another 9 hours and 30+ transfers on the phone.  I pray this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: DON't ACCEPT BILL CREDITS! SCAMMED BY VERIZON!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tough,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DON't ACCEPT BILL CREDITS! SCAMMED BY VERIZON!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tough,

We did not receive a reply from you on your Private Support Case.

if you require further assistance, feel free to create a new post, and we can be sure to look into it.

Hope you were able to find the help you needed.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes