DSL renewal
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any way to renew my DSL contract for another year online? The last time I called to renew I was literally on the phone for an hour just to say  "renew me for another year".

0 Likes
Re: DSL renewal
prisaz
Legend

@hitmehhh wrote:

Is there any way to renew my DSL contract for another year online? The last time I called to renew I was literally on the phone for an hour just to say  "renew me for another year".

It should just keep on going like phone service. I know it does in Maryland. Unless you have locked in specific bundle or pricing plan, then you may have to renegotiate the pricing. Also areas that are now served by FiOS where available have the option of no longer offering DSL.

Re: DSL renewal
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually ... you'll just go onto "month to month" at the same price.   Now ... calling them however and asking what kind of deal they'll give you if you agree to re-up for another year is sometimes can pay off.   They get the guarantee of one year's revenue and you catch a break on rates.  

I recently did this on my FiOS setup and ended up with a faster internet connection and more channels for $10 less per month thanI was paying previously in exchange for a new 2-year agreement.  

YMMV.