Switch Account

DVR broken

Contributor txnr
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(469 Views)

I have two DVRs in my house, I scheduled all of this weekend's NFL playoffs on one of them and when I tried to go see them I discovered that the DVR had failed to record ANY of them, instead recording 2 second snippets

I called your support line, the agent told me to navigate to use the "Auto fix" option on the Home Agent, I select something like that off the menu and then he tells me to schedule a new show to test that this has fixed the problem.  I scheduled the 11:00 PM news and when I went to look for them there was NOTHING

The DVR did not work, the "Auto fix" did nothing other than delete the 2 second snippets, I go to your website to look for support but your support links are broken

You are batting 100

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 2 of 2
(441 Views)

@txnr wrote:

I have two DVRs in my house, I scheduled all of this weekend's NFL playoffs on one of them and when I tried to go see them I discovered that the DVR had failed to record ANY of them, instead recording 2 second snippets

I called your support line, the agent told me to navigate to use the "Auto fix" option on the Home Agent, I select something like that off the menu and then he tells me to schedule a new show to test that this has fixed the problem.  I scheduled the 11:00 PM news and when I went to look for them there was NOTHING

The DVR did not work, the "Auto fix" did nothing other than delete the 2 second snippets, I go to your website to look for support but your support links are broken

You are batting 100

Hello,

To troubleshoot your DVR issues, you can try:

- going to www.verizon.com/repair and selecting 'Set top box or DVR not working'. Choose the DVR that is problematic when it lists your STBs. A quick reset of the STB will be performed. Keep the page open to the 'Did this fix your issue' - 'Yes' or 'No' question.

Then try recording a current show for 5 minutes, and then see if you can see the recording when you go to DVR -- Recordings (on your FiOS TV Remote).  

If the DVR failed to record, go back to the repair site and on the option that says 'Did this fix your issue' - Select No, and then it will go to Step 2 to Reboot your STB. After the reboot has completed, try recording a show again.

If it failed to record once more, then select 'No' to the question, and then you'll be taken to the page for live chat with an agent.

// I just tried these steps via verizon.com/repair a few minutes ago and the link works fine on Firefox. 

OR

- if for some reason you are unable to access the verizon.com/repair site, from the FiOS TV Remote go to:

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set-Top Box Auto Correction

Try recording on your DVR afterwards.

If after rebooting and autocorrecting the DVR still failed to record, then either:

-- call 1-888-553-1555 to speak with a Technical Support representative for more detailed troubleshooting and/or to have a replacement DVR mailed out to you (I'm not sure if this is the same number you called earlier or you just dialed 1-800-Verizon),

OR

-- contact a local Verizon FIOS store during business hours to have your DVR replaced. For a list of local stores: http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

Hope this helps!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.