DVR broken
txnr

I have two DVRs in my house, I scheduled all of this weekend's NFL playoffs on one of them and when I tried to go see them I discovered that the DVR had failed to record ANY of them, instead recording 2 second snippets

I called your support line, the agent told me to navigate to use the "Auto fix" option on the Home Agent, I select something like that off the menu and then he tells me to schedule a new show to test that this has fixed the problem.  I scheduled the 11:00 PM news and when I went to look for them there was NOTHING

The DVR did not work, the "Auto fix" did nothing other than delete the 2 second snippets, I go to your website to look for support but your support links are broken

You are batting 100

0 Likes
Re: DVR broken
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@txnr wrote:

I have two DVRs in my house, I scheduled all of this weekend's NFL playoffs on one of them and when I tried to go see them I discovered that the DVR had failed to record ANY of them, instead recording 2 second snippets

I called your support line, the agent told me to navigate to use the "Auto fix" option on the Home Agent, I select something like that off the menu and then he tells me to schedule a new show to test that this has fixed the problem.  I scheduled the 11:00 PM news and when I went to look for them there was NOTHING

The DVR did not work, the "Auto fix" did nothing other than delete the 2 second snippets, I go to your website to look for support but your support links are broken

You are batting 100

Hello,

To troubleshoot your DVR issues, you can try:

- going to www.verizon.com/repair and selecting 'Set top box or DVR not working'. Choose the DVR that is problematic when it lists your STBs. A quick reset of the STB will be performed. Keep the page open to the 'Did this fix your issue' - 'Yes' or 'No' question.

Then try recording a current show for 5 minutes, and then see if you can see the recording when you go to DVR -- Recordings (on your FiOS TV Remote).  

If the DVR failed to record, go back to the repair site and on the option that says 'Did this fix your issue' - Select No, and then it will go to Step 2 to Reboot your STB. After the reboot has completed, try recording a show again.

If it failed to record once more, then select 'No' to the question, and then you'll be taken to the page for live chat with an agent.

// I just tried these steps via verizon.com/repair a few minutes ago and the link works fine on Firefox. 

OR

- if for some reason you are unable to access the verizon.com/repair site, from the FiOS TV Remote go to:

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set-Top Box Auto Correction

Try recording on your DVR afterwards.

If after rebooting and autocorrecting the DVR still failed to record, then either:

-- call 1-888-553-1555 to speak with a Technical Support representative for more detailed troubleshooting and/or to have a replacement DVR mailed out to you (I'm not sure if this is the same number you called earlier or you just dialed 1-800-Verizon),

OR

-- contact a local Verizon FIOS store during business hours to have your DVR replaced. For a list of local stores: http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes