Switch Account

Dead End when required to reset account

Dead End when required to reset account

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(614 Views)

I have not been on the Verizon web site for some time, so I was trying to access the system so I could see my bill online.  Since I don't remember my User ID or Password, I chose the option "Forgot User ID and Password".  It has you enter your Verizon phone number and email address, which I did.  The next screen comes up "You did not set up a security question so you need to reset your account here".  The word "here" is a link to another page.  This page had me request a temporary PIN number, which I did by having the system call me.  I then entered the PIN number, and it took me to a page where it said I had to create a User ID.  This is the page where I cannot continue, because there is no button anywhere on the page that says "Submit" or "Continue" or anything.  I enter all kinds of stuff in the boxes and the same to confirm, but there is nothing that automatically brings up a button or anything.

I have called the website tech support (1-888-669-9901) several times since last week.  They said a trouble ticket was in for it, but would not provide the trouble ticket number.  I called them again after seeing what problems other people have had, and wanted to get the number and the status of the ticket.  They claim that once it has been made, they have no record of it there, and it goes out of the office, and I have to wait for a technician for the website to call me when it is fixed.  I originally got a time of 3-5 business days (today is 5) and it hasn't been fixed; this last time the lady tried to tell me it would take up to 3 billing cycles to be fixed. 

All I want to do is see my bill; I pay it online, so Verizon automatically changed it to paperless billing several years ago.  I have been considering a change to the Home Connect with Verizon, but if the wireless side is as inept as this side, I will look elsewhere for service.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(607 Views)

Hi retrofan42,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly (by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account) for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

AnnieS

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(563 Views)

As is usual, the person from Verizon called when I was not home.  Their message said there were some changes being made to the website that would solve my problem, but now I can't even get past the "Forgot User ID and Password" stage, because it asks me for my User ID, which I don't know.  Guess I will have to hope the person from Verizon will call when I am home today.  Wish there was a way to call that person back so I wouldn't have to wait.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.