Deceptive Gift Card Offer
roz999

Dear Customer Service:

I am writing to inform you that I was deceptively inducted to renew my Verizon Fios Service for 2 years at an increase of $5/month. 

In April 2018, an offer was presented to me in my account that offered a $300 Visa Gift Card in exchange for agreeing to a 2 Year Contact for Verizon Fios.  This offer was shown along with the contract renewal on a confirmation page.  When I selected “Confirm”, the following happened:

• No confirmation number or email was received.
  • No Receipt of a $300 Visa Gift Card.
  • No record of the transaction is in my account. However, the $5/month price increase is in the account. 

The way that this offer was presented and completed was completely deceptive.  I, the customer, would have had no incentive to renew the contract.  It is obvious to me that the offer was placed in the account in order to entice the user into renewing and then was not honored.  The lack of email confirmation further shows that Verizon is banking on the fact that a certain percentage of users will neglect to follow up on this. 

cc: Verizon (Headquarters USPS Address)

New York State, Office of the Attorney General 

Better Business Bureau, New York

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive Gift Card Offer
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi roz999,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes