Deceptive Upgrade
X10ACN

I want to relate my most recent experience with upgrading my Verizon FIOS.  Two months ago, I was interested in upgrading my internet speed and at the same time was interested in the FIOS Quantum product.  I went online and started the upgrade process and selected the 150/75 internet category and the Quantum HD Ultimate level of service.  Making sure to ask the agent if I was going to have all of my current service which included Premium Channels, especially HBO.  He assured me it would.  Things seem to be going well until last night when suddenly I had no access to HBO.  Went online again and passed around to 3 different agents before Sam was able to help get it corrected.  Now I get emails detailing that I have added new services which now increase my monthly bill to almost $350 (that's their estimate) and the next bill will be almost $500.  I feel raped and taken advantage of with no recourse.  No one seems to want to address the issue; my warning to all interested in trying to upgrade services, be sure not to do it online.  Speak to a live person and get a confirmation of services in writing.  I am now stuck with this for the next two years.  Please take note.

Richard

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive Upgrade
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi X10ACN,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive Upgrade
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes