Deployed Servicemmber, bill issue; no resolution
clsacav

After siginficant effort, I can't locate an email address for customer service - all roads seem to point me to a phone number or this forum, so here goes.  My account number is:{edited for privacy}

Background:
I'm a service member deployed to SW Asia. Prior to deploying we made changes to our account to meet my wifes needs while I'm away.  This included dropping the internet poriton of our package.  I was directed to send back our router to finalize this.  A prepaid pacakge arrived from Verizon and I returned it.  Fast forward several months and in speaking to my wife I learned the DVR and channel guide isn't working.  After researching the issue we learned that the router is needed for our whole house DVR and channel guide to work, we need the router.  My wife (while balancing everything else on the homefront) was able to get through and work this out with a customer service representative.  We were charged $39.99/mo for four months without actually having the service.  We were credited $178.48 at this point which essentially made things right.  Now I find on our most recent bill we were charged $99.99 for unreturned equipment.  In a recent inquirey, the representative told my wife the credit provided was to offset this charge so nothing can be done.  My wife explained this was to offset the cost for services not provided; however, the conversation went nowhere. 

I don't have the ability to call and don't want to further burden my wife with this issue; however, $99.99 is a signficant amount of money to me and I can't in good conscience let it go.  Please help me out with this.  I've generally been happy with FIOS and want to work within the system to resolve this.

Regards,

Chuck

0 Likes
Re: Deployed Servicemmber, bill issue; no resolution
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes