Deposit refund
qazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous. I paid a $100 deposit in lieu of a credit report inquiry in Nov 2017. I am due that deposit back in 1 year, on Nov 2018. Despite me calling around 5 times from Dec-Jan, sometimes being on hold for almost 2 hours, all I get back from the representatives is that they have escalated my inquiry and that someone would call me back.

Absolute silence from Verizon since. I probably have wasted a full workday being on the phone with Verizon by now.

Is a deposit refund really that complicated?

0 Likes
Re: Deposit refund
jonjones1
Legend

Yes for this company it is. Once they have your money they don’t want to let it go.

non return of deposits(security or otherwise) are covered by your states attorney generals office. Google your states and file with them. They will handle it.

of course make sure you have never been late paying your monthly invoice since even if late once the 1 year time frame starts all over. Additionally make sure you have a receipt showing the $100 payment. Very important 

you could also check your credit reports yearly for free. I would hazard Verizon pulled a hard pull on your credit report and you may not have known it.

best of luck 

Re: Deposit refund
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi qazz

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes