Dirty Tricks
astar49
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently received an offer from Verizon to upgrade my internet speed to 75 Mbps for $5/month. I accepted the offer. I previously had a $99.95 triple-play package, so I expected to pay $104.95. Instead my package price was raised to $114.95. When I asked why, I was told that by accepting the new internet speed offer, I had violated the terms of my 2 year agreement and since one of the $10 discounts I previously had is no longer available, I now have to pay a higher package price. I then asked to be put back on my old package at the lower speed and was told that was not possible.
I think I should have been warned that accepting your offer would have this negative effect.
BE CAREFUL BEFORE ACCEPTING A VERIZON OFFER, IT COULD BE A TRAP.
Re: Dirty Tricks
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello astar49,

We didn't hear back from you on your private support case, and have closed it out. We hope your billing concern has been advised & noted. If you require additional assistance, please feel free to post back to the Forums.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
webyo20

Hello,

I know verizon doesn't care about us hard working people and they do not reward loyal customers who pay too much for their service anyway!! I have been a customer for about 4 years and instead of renewing discounts for those of us who pay way TOO Much for the monthly service the discounts expire and my bill jumped over $40 for my internet speed and they don't tell you it just appears on the bill. I agree that you have to watch your bill like a hawk {please keep it relevant}!!! There should be a rewarding for years of loyalty and a drop over time instead of constantly incresing fees for fios cable that's already been paid for many times over!!! They don't care about us period!!!

0 Likes