Disappearing channels
qdemon1
Enthusiast - Level 2
My FIOS contract is coming up for renewal soon and I got conflicting offers online, so I called Customer Service. The rep told me the online offers were only for new customers but that I could keep my service, as is, for an increase of about $10 per month. Told her I'd mull it over. Meanwhile, I looked at the online offers and they do apply to my account. However, I noticed some discrepancies in the channel listings being offered. I could keep what I have but the price would increase significantly after 12 months; or I could get essentially the same package, but with a new router ($12 per month) for the same rate I was offered over the phone. I have more than a month to think about it, so no hurry, right? WRONG. Today, I turned on my TV only to discover that, overnight, Verizon had removed a large quantity of channels that I already had and continue to pay for. Is this what they call negotiation?
0 Likes
INSANITY
qdemon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see my previous post was removed and now I know why.  The CS agent I spoke with changed my plan without my permission.  She downgraded my TV package, raised the price and put me into a new 2 year contract without my knowledge or consent.  Of course, Verizon insists that I agreed to those terms even though I didn't "because the rep noted it on the account".   Of course, they can't change it back either.  All because I asked what my renewal options were. 

That's crazy and it's criminal.  I believe the legal term is "cramming".  What are they thinking?

0 Likes
Re: INSANITY
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi qdemon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Black Friday Bait and Switch
qdemon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  My contract is near expiration and I got several conflicting offers.  My mistake was calling Customer Service to ask them to explain my options.  After I got off the phone, the agent changed my plan without my knowledge -- twice.  She downgraded my TV package, at a higher price, and put me into a new 2-year contract.  I had no idea what had happened until most of my channels disappeared.

When I called back the next day, they insisted that I had requested and approved the new terms.  Really?  More money for less service?  Who does that?  The new rep went on to say that nothing could be done because they had recorded the conversation and had e-mail  confirmation -- another lie.

Anyway, I demanded to speak to her supervisor and waited on hold for more than 15 minutes.  After the whole "we can't undo it because the order has already been processed" speech,  and a lot of arguing, the supervisor offered to cancel the new contract and make me a month-to-month customer for the duration of my current contract.  I did get my original TV package back.  I'll be billed at a higher rate but I'm supposed to receive a credit to offset the price difference.  We'll see if they stick to that promise.  

Now for the clincher.  They reduced my internet speed from 100/100 to 25/25, presumably at my request.  Thanks, Verizon.

0 Likes