Disappointed
GDefl

I have been with Verizon for more than 6 years.  We were among the first to install FIOS in our neighborhood.   I feel bad about this but it looks like it is time to switch back to Comcast.   With the package I am looking for, I can save at least $500 over a 2 year period and Comcast will give me a $250 Visa pre-paid credit card.   I called to ask what Verizon could do for me and was told nothing.  Not only could they do nothing for me but they informed me that my bill would increase by $10 a month going forward.  I was also amazed at the dupliciity regarding movie channel packages.  I called yesterday (before doing a lot of research) and asked the rep if I could keep HBO and get rid of Cinemax.  $25 for those 2 is just too much.  I was told that they were only offered together.   After thinking about, I cancelled it on-line last night.  Today, I receive an offer to add HBO only for $9.99 a month.   I couldn't believe it.  

I called today and after being told my bill would increase, I asked about keeping Showtime and getting rid of Starz.  Same exact thing.  Can only be offfered as a package.  Um, ok.  So, while speaking to the rep, I removed that from my package.  Bet, I will get an offer tomorrow that is separate for each.    Further,  the first rep I spoke to disconnected me after trying to transfer me to "retention", the second rep (after repeating the whole thing), transferred me and after waiting 15 minutes on hold was connected to a rep.  I went through the whole thing yet again.  She could not help me.  Sorry that your bill is going up,  We value your business (?).   I asked her to cancel.  She could NOT because the other rep did not transfer me to retention.  I was transferred to billing again.  Same department.  Then, I was transferred again but after 20 minutes on hold gave up.   I will have to cancel at some point this week when I get a chance. 

So, it looks like I am going back to the evil empire.  Can anyone think of a reason why I should stay?  

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed
GDefl

I apologize.  I was having a difficult time figuring out how to  use the forum and I obviously put this under the wrong topic.   8 hours over 2 days of research, on-line chats and calls on the issue of cable, phone and internet..  A bit fried,

0 Likes
n2wishun

Nope. Not one single reason. I know I plan to jump ship just as soon as I can find out what Comcast will give me. When I contacted Verizon 6 months ago, about my bill steadily going up every month, I told them I was retired on a fixed income and had allotted a certain amount of money for all my bills and that I wanted a plan that didn't go over $150 a month. Well they switched me to a plan that after they finish with all their little add-ons, I'm now paying $185 a month and I don't even have any premium channels (no HBO, Showtime or any of that). It's official, they have worn me down. It's time for me to pack my bags and leave. Set yourself free my friend...let them GO!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

GDefl,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes