Displeased Customer
Neida1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon yet again changed their channel line up and didn't notify anyone and is charging an additional $20 and up for the same channel line up.

I have been a customer for 15 YEARS  and when I told their customer service department of my displeasure in the changes and asked whether they are willing to help me,  they sent me a link to change my service.

That's the level of customer service that Verizon has.

I just got off the phone with Time Warner and they have the same TV, Internet and Phone package for $99 plus you can get HBO, Starz, Showtime and Encore for $33 a month!!

Verizon was charging me $15 for each channel!!!!!

Re: Displeased Customer
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

What channel package are you talking about? What channels are you looking for?

You mention being a customer for 15 years; this suggests to me that you may have DirecTV service through Verizon, in which case Verizon has no control over the channels available in each DirecTV package.

gna405

I called Verizon yesterday to "bundle" my services in an effort to save a few dollars.  All I requested was to bundle TV, Internet and Phone plus increase my internet speed. The agent questioned me about internet security to which I told her I used another vendor. She insisted sending me an email regarding Verizon's servicesand asked me to read it.  Today, I discovered 2 emails from Verizon.  One, thanking me for adding Verizon Internet Security at a cost of $10 additional per month; the other was thanking me for addiing "unlimited gaming and STARZ" for over $20 per month.  I never even spoke to the agent about the gaming or STARZ, and did NOT order the internet security from Verizon. I usually have no problem with Verizon, but yesterday,  was just the start of my problems!  Today, I called to speak with someone about the error and removing these services. That particular agent (though no so friendly) said she removed the inaccuracies.  I thanked her and then asked to speak with a supervisor about the agent from the day before.  After being on hold (ignore) for an eternity, the agent came back to say she was speaking with her supervisor and it would just be another minute or so.  Finally, the supervisor gets on the phone and says that products were removed; I told him I wanted to file a complaint against the agent from yesterday.  He couldn't get my account or balance correct, (when other agents already had), but gave me the first and last name of the agent from yesterday.  When asked for his name, he would only provide a first name.  How is it that Verizon has my first and last name and more info on me than I care them to havem but a supervisor refuses to give me his first and last name?  I had no complaint with him until this point.  He then tells me I must call another number for another department to file the complaiht against that agent.  I called the number given and was answered by an agent identifying himself as Mr> Liggett. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he had to hear the entire story again to direct me appropriately, (according to him)  He directed my call appropriately alright.......right to an automated system for technical support!  Though very difficult to understand, "Libby" was took information and transferred me to her supervisor.  I know this was not the correct department, nor supervisor, however, I was willing to talk to anyone who would listen at this point.  The supervisor was very difficult to understand, however, was doing his best to accomodate.  I am supposed to hear back from him tomorrow.  All I wanted to do was speak to a supervisor to lodge a complaint regarding services being added to my bill that were unauthorized and thatr I would have never known if I hadn't read my email.  What does it take to get Verizon to give the customer service that it used to and that is so deserving by it's customers?  I have had it !  I will be looking to change providers after more than 20 years because of this lousy experience.  Anyone else?

0 Likes
tsptech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck on getting those two items removed. I have been at it for 5 months and still trying to get it resolved. I have been given all sorts of excuses and assurances that it was solved BUT next month the same old thing.  Verizon is ripping customers off with these two items and they know it. No one can show me where I asked for them.  It is decietful and I willbe filling complaints with the FCC on these un asked for charges.

0 Likes
marcia102

This situation just happened to me last week, and I've only been a customer for approximately 2 months.  I called to ask some questions about parental controls.  The agent mentioned a movie channel promotion and asked if I were aware of it. I told her that I was not, and she replied that I should check it out under "what's new".  Well, when I checked my email 20 minutes later, I had received an order confirmation, upgrading my very basic service.  I spent the next hour on the phone trying to get this issue addressed, and was also unable to "report" the agent. I am thoroughly disgusted.  I got rid of comcast for poor customer service, but I have never been ripped off by them.  I'm just about prepared to pay an early termination fee if my bill has these fraudulent charges for services I did not request. 

0 Likes
LH29

What's up with these increasing charges!!! I've watched my Verizon bill creep up what seems like every other month. Several months ago I spoke with a representative who worked out a way to get lower charges. Well what happen? Comcast is looking better and better to me right now. Sorry I left you Comcast!

0 Likes