Dispute Verizon FIOS bill
chexov

I recently accepted 2 year Verizon FIOS contract extension.  Today I received the first bill and it's $15 higher than what was agreed upon.  I have Order summary email from Verizon and transcript of online chat with Verizon CSR spelling out terms of agreement. 

Is there a way to dispute FIOS bill on Verizon portal?  Is it better to pay the bill and wait for the overcharge to be credited back or should I wait for the corrected bill before paying?

0 Likes
Re: Dispute Verizon FIOS bill
jonjones1
Legend

@chexov wrote:

I recently accepted 2 year Verizon FIOS contract extension.  Today I received the first bill and it's $15 higher than what was agreed upon.  I have Order summary email from Verizon and transcript of online chat with Verizon CSR spelling out terms of agreement. 

Is there a way to dispute FIOS bill on Verizon portal?  Is it better to pay the bill and wait for the overcharge to be credited back or should I wait for the corrected bill before paying?

Call 1-800-VERIZON and select billing. There may be a long wait. The $15 may be a fee or surcharge or tax not included in the pricing. It’s called below the line fees.

if you miss the payment you may get hit with a late charge, or turned off then a reconnect fee and hit with a ding on your credit report.

you must always send a certified return receipt letter with your dispute to the billing address on your invoice. Clearly state you are disputing a portion of the bill. This way Verizon cannot ding your credit report. However they may still bill you while it’s being investigated. You must pay all amounts not in dispute. Save receipts, emails and everything pertaining to the pricing. It may also be a prorated amount being billed first time etc. be sure of your dispute. Do not have autopay or auto debit. If you do stop it.

0 Likes
chexov

Clarification on $15: 

$10 is for the router which I did not need, but was unable to de-select while filling out the order.  I have chat transcript where CSR instructs me to submit order with router rental, promising to remove it after order is placed as stating that I will not be charged monthly rent and delivery charge for the router.

Extra $5 comes from the FIOS charge.  The 2 year deal was for $44.99, I'm billed $49.99.

Yes, there are taxes, fees, surcharges in the bill on top of the above.  I'm not disputing those.

Thanks for the details on where to send the dispute.  Talking to support on the phone was a waste of time, my next question was where to send it in writing - you answered it before I asked.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@chexov wrote:

Clarification on $15: 

$10 is for the router which I did not need, but was unable to de-select while filling out the order.  I have chat transcript where CSR instructs me to submit order with router rental, promising to remove it after order is placed as stating that I will not be charged monthly rent and delivery charge for the router.

Extra $5 comes from the FIOS charge.  The 2 year deal was for $44.99, I'm billed $49.99.

Yes, there are taxes, fees, surcharges in the bill on top of the above.  I'm not disputing those.

Thanks for the details on where to send the dispute.  Talking to support on the phone was a waste of time, my next question was where to send it in writing - you answered it before I asked.

Just a thought google Verizon Fios Corporate store location in your area. Then take the router to that corporate location. Have them remove the router from your account on the spot. And don’t let them tell you they cannot do it. They can but will try to say they cannot. Stay firm.

make sure the receipt shows your account number, serial and esn number from the returned device, have them enter the return on your account from the account screen and get hard copy of this transaction. 

The $5 I cannot say what to do. But I should caution you that if you return the router all customer support from the ONT to the home will cease. Verizon requires a branded router to troubleshoot from the router to their network. Crazy I know.

Good Luck in your endeavors 

0 Likes
chexov

I shipped back the router the same day it arrived.  Have UPS tracking number and  proof of delivery to Verizon on May 16.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@chexov wrote:

I shipped back the router the same day it arrived.  Have UPS tracking number and  proof of delivery to Verizon on May 16.

Just to be sure google “Verizon received router back and they are still billing me”

or “Verizon claims they never received my router, but I have proof of delivery”

or “Verizon claims I returned the wrong router, when I only had one” 

google is very informative. I always use the store I take no chances.

0 Likes