Dispute Verizon Fios account in my name.
Juneau1149

Hi,

I tried to sign up for wireless service, however, I was told that I can't because of an existing balance. After a little digging (and about 20 phone calls), I learned that Verizon believes I had Fios service for 15 months in 2013-2014. I did not have service. What I believe happened is that I looked into service but it wasn't available for my area. Nevertheless I'm told I owe $334.

I've spent hours on the phone and haven't gotten anywhere. I need Verizon to take action and remove this fake account. 

0 Likes
Re: Dispute Verizon Fios account in my name.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe post your next post in My Verizon Account section. This board is dedicated for Fios technical help.

You should ask a customer service representative to pull up the bills in 2013-2014. See what is going on with those bills.

0 Likes
Juneau1149

OK, I will post elsewhere next.

Depending on who's on the phone, some will pull up the account and others won't. Some say it can only be looked up by my phone, which is different from the number I had in 2013-14, and others say I must give the complete account number, but I have no idea what the account number could be, as I never opened an account.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You could get prepaid Verizon service which might help you.

don’t under any circumstances pay any invoice Verizon claims you owe. Since the statute on aging debt is 7 years. If 2013 it’s gone. If 2014 it will fall off shortly.

You have a two fold issue. If you didn’t have Fios you must certify by us mail return receipt requested to their corporate office. State That you never had it and make them prove it in writing. That you did. If not make them state you never had it.

if they don’t contact your state’s attorney general’s office. They can assist.

and of course anything involving Verizon wireless should be at 1-800-922-0204 or 611 from your wireless Verizon phone. It’s very doubtful Verizon has your Fios account information from more than 18 months. But it’s possible and it will cost you.

if they say you owe that money from way back then, it is probable it was sent to collections. That is going to cost you more time and effort since only Verizon can remove the negative credit bureaus reports. Unless it’s been 7 years on your credit report.

I take photos and convert my invoices to Adobe acrobat PDF and save them to cd/dvd/external hard drives this way I can bring them up, print out if needed.

0 Likes
Juneau1149

The problem is that I never had invoices, ergo, I can't prove anything. And Verizon hasn't reported it to debt collection agencies, and if they ever did, I would fight it vigorously. Still, I'm not sure whether it's affected me in other ways. 

I'm no longer interested in getting *any* Verizon service after this fiasco. It shouldn't be so difficult for me to prove that I never had an open account. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't have to prove that I never had a non-existent account in the first place!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Juneau1149,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes