Disputing entry on credit
tjpaudio

Back in 2010, I had verizon DSL service.  I was moving from an apartment to a college dormatory and had to cancel my service before the 1yr contract was up.  I was unable to move my DSL to my new residence and after explaining my situation to the customer service againt, they agreed to waive the early termination fee.  The customer service agent calculated what the final bill amount would be and I closed and paid the account in full at that time.

Several months later I noticed a collection account on my credit.  My guess is that the customer service agent did not properly waive the termination fee and a bill was sent to the address I no longer resided at, but no one was ever able to confirm what the charge was actually for.  After several calls and being passed around to every possible department, no one could help me and I had to pay the bill to stop the collection marks on my credit.  The subsequent agents even accused me of lieing saying that verizon never agreed to waive the fee.

I am now trying to fix this mark on my credit, but no one over the phone is able to help me.  Further, no one can confirm what exactly the charge on my credit was for.  I must go through arbitration or mediation at this point, but the link to the applicable mediation form is broken.

On this page:

http://www.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Generic/General/General+Topics/General+Questions/130383.htm?C...

The link to the proper form is broken:

http://www.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/90441AD2-595E-41E8-938E-BBBA785A19C7/0/VZ_Notice_of_...

Further, the email address NoticeOfDispute@verizon.com has been unresponsive to my request for the form.

Could some one please tell me what to do? This is rediculous.

0 Likes
Re: Disputing entry on credit
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes