Does Verizon really deliver what they promise over the phone
con_case
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with Verizon Customer Service on the phone to re-up my contract for two years.  I was told that my current channel line-up called "Essentials" was equivalent with the new channel line-up called "Extreme", but that I could change to the "Prime" channel line-up for a discount of $5 which would bring my bundle total to $99.99/month.  The Verizon representative read me a list of the channels I would lose by changing to Prime.  She said "American Life, 2 versions of BBC, BET Gospel, BIO, and Style".  I wrote them all down.  I asked if I could get a new DVR.  She told me yes and that the monthly cost of the single-room DVR was $12.99/month.  When I received an e-mail from Verizon it said the new bundle price was $109.99.  I called customer support again and was told that the I could be issued a $10/month credit for the first year, but that the cost of the DVR is $16.99/month ($4/mo more than I was quoted over the phone the first time).  The following day when the changes took effect we discovered the Boomerang channel is no longer in our line-up, but Verizon Customer service had already closed for the day.  2 days after renewing my contract I called Verizon Customer Service a 3rd time and was told it would now cost $10/month more to upgrade to the Extreme channel package from the Prime channel package instead of the $5 it would have cost 2 days prior.  I have had Fios service for 4 years and this is the 3rd time that the information provided by the Verizon Customer Service telephone personnel did not match the price and content that was provided.  Since there have been so many errors on so few transactions, I can't help but wonder how widespread are these deceiving practices?   As a solution to my most current problem I would like to upgrade to the Prime channels for the additional $5/month as promised in the initial phone call.  As a solution to the frequency of problems with customer service I would like Verizon to implement a system in which customers agree to their packages in some recorded fashion (either a verbal recording, an e-mail with ALL the account details, on-line, or on paper) before changes are locked in.

Re: Does Verizon really deliver what they promise over the phone
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.
0 Likes
RippedOff33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the same. I have been charged for about three yearsfor a multiroom DVR that the installer said was not possible to set-up to enable access from each television without drilling holes in the wall. When I went to add a box this weekend I noticed that is was five dollars a month more for something I was not getting. I recently contacted Verizon to let them know that many of my channels disappeared when I UPGRADED my service. The woman realized the many errors that the previous agent had made and updated my account. In the process they added service (mutibox voicemail) that I did not  not request. I attempted to fix it on chat on Friday but there is no one available at that time. Today when I contacted Verizon through chat one agent helped me to add the box, then transferred me to technical support who said he could set up my mutli room dvr remotely- which he did. I then was transferred to billing where they informed me I went from a single box voice mail to multi which is why all the extra charges, They agreed to make the correction and remove the $30.81 charge from my bill. Even though they could see in the chat with the technical person that he set up the multiroom DVR for the first time they said there was nothing they could do about the $4 a month overcharge and basically blamed me for not reporting it. I am not sure what would have triggered me to report this since I assumed what the in home installation guy knew what he was doing. I suppose Verizon expects you to double check there installers. If I had not just signed a contract I would cancel service and do business with a more honest company. They sacrifice their reputation and customer loyalty for $48 a year that they say they can do nothing about. The are more willing to lose a customer that pays $450 a month for all services than find a way to refund $48 a year for services not rendered. It is not a lot of money, and for me it is the principle. Why should corporate America take my money for services they did not provide. Why - because they can and I am powerless to get them to do different. I am very disappointed that I as a paying customer who has never been late with a payment has been treated as if my loyalty does not matter. If you sign up for verizon check your bill and check it every month. You never know when you will be taken advantage of.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

An agent with access to your account will also reach out to you RippedOff33, directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
grandje

I Too receive a call selling the triple bundle package for $89.99 that was not the true price when completed $155 or more. But that was not the last thing.  I have not been able since august 29 , 2011 to receive the complete package because I was told that the order has (2) ORDERS PENDING And they are unable to remove the pending order that is scheduled for 12/31/2011. And that has been since Aug.29, 2011.  I had HBO/CIN for a 3  month trial period from 8/29/11 thru 11/29/11 So on the 29th of Nov I called Verizon to request a upgrade to pay for HBO /Cin . I was told that there is a promotion going on that will give me all Premium channels for $19.99 but then she told me to hold on the line she thinks there is something else going on . She came back on line to tell me that I was in luck i can get all premium channels for $9.99 for 1 year . I said thank you very much since I am on a strict budget.  that order was marked for 11/29/11 to this day nothing has showed up on my TV. And to top that the HBO/CIN  that I already had was taken away totally.  I have spoken to numerous reps and to know avail could that order be placed.  I called several reps but response by some was very rude but all in all the majority tried to help but was unable to.  I called on a Sunday after being told not to call back until the next Monday or Tues because it would only aggrevate me more .Robert in the billing dept was able to remove the pending extra orders from the billing dept.Fios elite was contacted removed orders I received cancellation confirmation # now that took over 5 days everyone that I spoke too said it could not be done. Either the reps are not being trained properly or they just did not care enough to try.  Now I am waiting to call billing on Monday to relay the message that the pending orders have been cancelled and now they will be able to put through my order for HBO/Cin and I will tell them what was discussed with the customer rep in the beginning and see if that agreement for all premiums channels will be honored. But I still will not get to see HBO this weekend to complete the series Boardwalk empire very disappointed in that .:smileysad:

Not very happy ,

Grandje

0 Likes
grandje

Dear bloggers. In response to my own blog written last week.  through a lot of phone calls , e-mails, etc. I was finally given what was relayed to me over the phone by a customer rep.  it came a week later but it did come , I was totally surprised. But do we have to go through so much stress to get what  is due us as customers it is only the minimum .  I really pray that future interaction with Verizon will be more pleasant I don't want to have anymore communication with them but if need be. Pray it is with less drama and more cooperation in the customer service department . Smiley Happy

0 Likes