Don't Believe the Rewards Card Scam!!!
sacunningham

I signed up with Verizon Nov 12 and was told I would recieve a $300 gift card and just had to be a customer for 3 months.  When I called Jan 13 to get a status I was then told it would be $200 and was given all the rules on how to use the card and it was being mailed out.  I still have yet to receive the gift card and called Mar 13 to be told I no longer qualify for the reward and was given additional rules for the program.  Verizon should not have to scam  people into becoming customers.  I should have stayed with DirectTV and will be switching back. 

0 Likes
Re: Don't Believe the Rewards Card Scam!!!
blueigirl

I hope it isnt a scam. I just got my Fios on 3/17/2013 and already dont like it. The cable i had before did both my rooms even with a digital convert. Now we are gettin a second set up box for that room to get all channels we are paying for. It will cost another 6 dollars a month. 90 a month is now 116.00 a month.  Now readin horror stories about their gift cards is bad!!  I'm suppose to get my 250.00 visa gift card in 60 days from the day they hooked up and i do count the days lol..If I DO NOT RECEIVE my 250.00 visa gift card, I WILL CANCEL FIOS in a heartbeat... I wil not pay for cancellation, and will not be talked into waitin longer for gift card or take a smaller amount then what im suppose to get.  If Verizon is this bad, I see why people dont stay with them.. Keeping my fingers crossed  for now..

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears you no longer need assistance. Please make a new post anytime you need our assistance.
0 Likes
kitaboo813
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, right now Im extremely upset. I ordered service on March 5,2013 so at the bottom of my printout for when I ordered service it states that the $250 via Verizon Visa Prepaid card issued by Metabank......Must have service for 60 days with no past due balance. Card will be mailed within 90 days of install date. So I called because my 60 days were up and my bill was always current. The first rep, pulls up my account and states she doesn't see anywhere for my receiving a gift card, but my account has never been late so she will transfer me to the Visa gift card department. So then another lady from that department pulls up my account has me on hold for twenty minutes then comes on the line and states "you are disqualified for receiving the gift card because you have a $5 credit". Excuse me......... Online when I ordered it stated you get all of them, it didn't say you pick one or the other. If that's the case why is the gift card information on my printout. I only kept Verizon because of the gift card if that's the case I would have stayed with Brighthouse. So anyone reading this BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! My paperwork that I have right now from my order doesn't say you get either or, it says you get both..... So if your 30 days aren't up, go ahead and cancel..I wish I would have, now I'm stuck because I called and they said it would be $220 to cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

kitaboo813,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

kitaboo813,

We haven't heard back from you, but we are still here if you need our help. Please feel free to make a new post if our assistance is needed.

Thanks,

-Kimberly

0 Likes
vimillerinpa

You are not the only one.  I was also scammed by FIOS.  In late Dec, I received a mailing from FIOS and made the decision to switch.  The 3 bundle and a $300 gift card sounded like a great deal.   I went on-line and made all the selections.  

I had the package installed and then had all kinds of issues.  From the time installed my internet didn't work properly and the on-demand movie function didn't work.    It took over three months to get the improper installation fixed -- and then FIOS even refused to send out a tech unless I paid for the call.  The motto was" fix it yourself or pay us" even we made the mistake.  Being a disabled vet on a limited budget< i had no choice but to fix it myself.  The system still isnt installed right, but I tried.

To make it worse, I waited for the gift card.  I called and was told that it hadn't been sent.  The rep checked and said I qualified and he would make sure it arrived in a few weeks.

A few weeks pass, no gift card arrives.  I call customer service and they now tell me that they never offered free gft cards??????????????

Can you say SCAM?  Add me to the scammed by FIOS list.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello vimillerinpa

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning vimillerinpa,

We are closing your private support case due to no response. When you signed up for service, you chose the $15 credit for 24 months instead of the gift card. We were able to apply this credit to the account for you. Please let us know if you have any more comments, questions, or concerns.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes