DoubleUp Double trouble
tboneman1

In March I received a phone call offering me an upgrade to 50/25 internet for and additional $10 on my bill, which I would be able to recoup using the DoubleUp promotion. Essentially, they would increase my speed for no additional charge. Who wouldn't snap up that offer? Additionally, the saleperson told me, that would increase my wireless range, since I had the necessary router already. I didn't believe her, but I was hoping that would improve the connection to our Roku, which had been dropping connections a lot at that time. I set it up and all was fine and dandy ... well, yes, a faster connection according to the speed test, but no obvious speed change loading pages. The wireless connection wasn't any better either.

After a couple of days, I received a notice that my bill had increased from $146.54 to $253.56. WHAT?! I replied by email to that notice explaining that something wasn't right. I received no reply, but when I tried to set up DoubleUp, it didn't work. It said I needed a Triple Play bundle (which I had) ... or at least I did untill the upgrade. (The upgrade unbundled it.) Sure enough, my next bill was for that ridiculous amount.

I phoned customer service. The very nice lady said there was a problem with my account, and she would escalate the issue. Then she kindly credited the difference, so I paid $158.25 that month. I heard nothing else. My account didn't revert to Triple Play, and I still couldn't sign up for DoubleUp. I phoned again, and the agent said that he would escalate it and someone would get back to me. We also tried to "upgrade" my account to the current pricing on the Double Play bundle which was pretty close to what I was supposed to pay anyway, but it crashed and locked me out.  I also sent a email to customer service chasing it, and they confirmed that it had been escalated. 

The next month my bill was for $222.33. The agent  said she would refund the difference and escalate the issue again, and phone me back the next time she was in. She didn't, and she didn't credit the difference. I emailed again, and they confirmed that the issue had been escalated, and credited me $54.99 (the wrong amount).

I've sent another emails chasing them, and they haven't replied.

They also put the credit through after my bill had been paid for the higher amount, bumping the credit to this month, making my new bill $181.18. Strangely, the basic bill had gone up by another $14 to $236.17, minus the credit. I've also noticed that Triple Play seem no longer to be available, and the DoubleUp promotion has ended. Tonight's agent has escalated the issue again to his supervisor, and requested a credit (for how much?). 

I have been told to expect a call from the supervisor tomorrow afternoon between 2 and 4:30 pm, but I'm not going to hold my breath. It shouldn't take me four (hour+) phone calls and 8 emails to fix this! Basically, I'm to the point that if this problem can't be sorted out now, I want to revert to the old contract. 

I'm sure I will be told that isn't possible when (in all likelihood) I phone them again at 4:31 tomorrow.

0 Likes
Re: DoubleUp Double trouble
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tboneman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DoubleUp Double trouble
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tboneman, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes