Duplicate billing and frustrating service for 4 years!!! Disgusted!
spedeg316

4 years ago we attempted to establish FIOS services online for our new home. Once the technician never showed for the installation date, we called Verizon and they couldn't find the online order and established a new account and new install date. A year after using FIOS with the secondary account we move and Verizon sends us to collection for an account that was never installed at the same house we already had services at. This was 4 years ago this all began. I have had several multi hour calls with Verizon over the years and never been able to get a copy of any bills or resolution to the matter. All the while this is impacting my credit unjustly. Yesterday, Feb 19, 2013, I was finally able to get someone at Verizon to find the bills, found the duplicate account we maintained for the same address and recognize this was a duplicate account and not a legitimate bill. No one here (Billing, Financial Services/Collections or the ELITE team) can seem to modify the account to get it off my credit. The helpful people who were willing to go over the allotted times for calls yesterday aren't there today. So now I am being passed around from the same three departments repeatedly. I am exceptionally frustrated because this negative account is impacting my opportunity for a new job and Verizon is unable to provide a timely resolution or copy of any evidence (bills or letter) acknowledging this is a duplicate bill. I was told by Mr.. Brown of the Elite Team today at 1115EST, that since someone had escalated it yesterday I would have to wait until that person returned to work to talk with someone. Mind that I was on hold waiting to talk to a representative for an hour just today. They were unwilling to take any time and try to help me get this resolved after 4 years.

Bottom Line: Customer Service I have received in just the past 24 hours has been horribly inconsistent. Helpful representatives did not have access to complete any tasks. Those that were willing to go the extra distance were excellent, others just in a rush to get me off the phone added more confusion to the situation. When asking for a supervisor, they were no where to be found. In total the past 24 hours I have spent well over 4.5 hours on the telephone and never spoken to the same person twice. Repeatedly have to explain the entire situation and wait for each person to recover the accounts from archive before they can do anything and just to be passed off to someone else on another team that I had already spoken with.

This has been an absolute nightmare! Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate billing and frustrating service for 4 years!!! Disgusted!
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

AnnieS

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate billing and frustrating service for 4 years!!! Disgusted!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes