Duplicate payments charged
cjsreng

So, I found about 2 other posts within this month referring to a double charge on their accounts. And unfortunately now I am in the same group. I authorized a payment to my account on this date, November 22nd. However, I recieved a successful transaction email early this morning which I'm fine with. But around 6:18pm EST (conveniently, the financial dept. is closed at 6pm EST), I recieved another email stating a succesful charge. So why am I charged twice (showing in my Fios account and when a rep. looks at it, they see it too) and with the same confirmation number? Is it an accident that will be fixed? I check the records and one says checking (my authorization), and then one that states debit card but I don't have a card on file that I know of or see. It's a lot of money being charged here.

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate payments charged
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cjsreng,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON.  For billing issues, please call during normal business hours.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@cjsreng wrote:

So, I found about 2 other posts within this month referring to a double charge on their accounts. And unfortunately now I am in the same group. I authorized a payment to my account on this date, November 22nd. However, I recieved a successful transaction email early this morning which I'm fine with. But around 6:18pm EST (conveniently, the financial dept. is closed at 6pm EST), I recieved another email stating a succesful charge. So why am I charged twice (showing in my Fios account and when a rep. looks at it, they see it too) and with the same confirmation number? Is it an accident that will be fixed? I check the records and one says checking (my authorization), and then one that states debit card but I don't have a card on file that I know of or see. It's a lot of money being charged here.

Call your bank and have them see if their are two debits. If there is have the bank remove the second payment. Sometimes if a customer uses a debit the vendor (Verizon) places a preauthorization on the account. You see two now but the second one drops off. Your bank and credit union can explain if this is what I thought it was.

they will cancel one of them.

0 Likes
boulder440
Enthusiast - Level 1

Spoke with Verzon to fix - it over 2 weeks - promised a refund on 3/1/2024 - now 3 weeks from now.

Filed a complaint with the BBB today

Susan - boulder440

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes