Duplicate payments charged

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicate payments charged

Message 1 of 3
(1,373 Views)

So, I found about 2 other posts within this month referring to a double charge on their accounts. And unfortunately now I am in the same group. I authorized a payment to my account on this date, November 22nd. However, I recieved a successful transaction email early this morning which I'm fine with. But around 6:18pm EST (conveniently, the financial dept. is closed at 6pm EST), I recieved another email stating a succesful charge. So why am I charged twice (showing in my Fios account and when a rep. looks at it, they see it too) and with the same confirmation number? Is it an accident that will be fixed? I check the records and one says checking (my authorization), and then one that states debit card but I don't have a card on file that I know of or see. It's a lot of money being charged here.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Duplicate payments charged

Message 2 of 3
(1,339 Views)

Hi cjsreng,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON.  For billing issues, please call during normal business hours.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Duplicate payments charged

Message 3 of 3
(1,305 Views)

@cjsreng wrote:

So, I found about 2 other posts within this month referring to a double charge on their accounts. And unfortunately now I am in the same group. I authorized a payment to my account on this date, November 22nd. However, I recieved a successful transaction email early this morning which I'm fine with. But around 6:18pm EST (conveniently, the financial dept. is closed at 6pm EST), I recieved another email stating a succesful charge. So why am I charged twice (showing in my Fios account and when a rep. looks at it, they see it too) and with the same confirmation number? Is it an accident that will be fixed? I check the records and one says checking (my authorization), and then one that states debit card but I don't have a card on file that I know of or see. It's a lot of money being charged here.

Call your bank and have them see if their are two debits. If there is have the bank remove the second payment. Sometimes if a customer uses a debit the vendor (Verizon) places a preauthorization on the account. You see two now but the second one drops off. Your bank and credit union can explain if this is what I thought it was.

they will cancel one of them.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.