E-billing annoyance
matt2103

I just wanted to leave a quick note about electronic billing, which I enrolled in immediately upon becoming a FIOS customer.

After enrolling in e-billing, I received the following e-mails, listed in order:

"The storm is coming - be prepared"
"View a personalized video about your Verizon Fios bill"
"Another storm is coming - be prepared"
"Reminder: View a personalized video about your Verizon Fios bill"
"Verizon broadband service letter"
"Important payment information"

The only e-mail I even opened was the last one, which stated that my bill is now past due.  There was no extra charge, so I didn't contact customer service--I just paid the bill.

I wanted to mention it here, however, because apparently instead of an e-bill, Verizon is just sending "personalized videos".  Still don't know what that is, because I haven't watched it and I don't care to.  If you send me a transcript of it, however, I will read it.

To other customers: "Personalized video" = "bill"

To Verizon: "Personalized video" ≠ "bill"  Please just send an actual, electronic, TEXTUAL bill.  Some of us still know how to read.

0 Likes
Re: E-billing annoyance
jonjones1
Legend

@matt2103wrote:

I just wanted to leave a quick note about electronic billing, which I enrolled in immediately upon becoming a FIOS customer.

After enrolling in e-billing, I received the following e-mails, listed in order:

"The storm is coming - be prepared"
"View a personalized video about your Verizon Fios bill"
"Another storm is coming - be prepared"
"Reminder: View a personalized video about your Verizon Fios bill"
"Verizon broadband service letter"
"Important payment information"

The only e-mail I even opened was the last one, which stated that my bill is now past due.  There was no extra charge, so I didn't contact customer service--I just paid the bill.

I wanted to mention it here, however, because apparently instead of an e-bill, Verizon is just sending "personalized videos".  Still don't know what that is, because I haven't watched it and I don't care to.  If you send me a transcript of it, however, I will read it.

To other customers: "Personalized video" = "bill"

To Verizon: "Personalized video" ≠ "bill"  Please just send an actual, electronic, TEXTUAL bill.  Some of us still know how to read.

The storm warning messages just tells you what to do and keep service running. It is not a bill but a help message.

the videos are not invoices. They are sent only once on getting service, changing services. So they will end. The only messages you should receive is a “bill is ready” which I get as a text message. However after I pay the invoice Verizon sends an email to me to verify payment. Again not that intrusive.

Now you can turn off notifications from either within your account on line, or via calling customer service to not contact you at all.  

I know sometimes companies go overboard with notices. Tell them to stop.

and the worse thing you can do is choose ebilling. Very risky as bad as setting up autopay. Which you should never do. Simply remember the bill closing date on your invoice and pay it via online/Fios app. 

0 Likes
matt2103

I'm not complaining that they went overboard (though they did) -- I'm complaining that they also went "underboard".  They never actually sent me a bill.

The first actual bill notification I received was one saying my bill was overdue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@matt2103wrote:

I'm not complaining that they went overboard (though they did) -- I'm complaining that they also went "underboard".  They never actually sent me a bill.

The first actual bill notification I received was one saying my bill was overdue.

That is not what should have happened, unless you missed the actual invoice with all the notifications they sent you. Look in your spam folder. It may have ended up in there.

0 Likes