EQUIPMENT RETURN FRAUD
steeltow62

I did verizon renewal & upgrade...verizon - we are sending you new equipment to replace your existing 2 set tops & 1 router, return your old equipment in same box and use label we provided...I receive email from "my verizon team" (whom I spent an hour on the phone trying to reach, oh and no reply to my email either)

This is to inform you that we have received some, but not all, of your equipment...the following equipment has yet to be received. You must return the equipment undamaged to Verizon by February 19, 2015 or you will be charged as follows

Your Verizon Team

Funny...I call, get merry go round of hold and "let me connect you to the right dept" but everyone I get is the wrong dept and can't offer any assistance and act like they never heard of anything like this ever happening. I retuned all equipment in the same box. Are you flipping kidding me verizon??!!! you are scamming customers this is **bleep**

0 Likes
Re: EQUIPMENT RETURN FRAUD
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
steeltow62

Still no response

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business days.

0 Likes
steeltow62

Still no response

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi steeltow62,

Have you checked your spam or junk folder for a reply?

0 Likes
rascal1711

I ended my service last year by doing an assumption of liability to my roommate. My roommate came with his own Verizon router that he purchased himself. Verizon sent me a prepaid shipping label and box to send my router back, which I did. Now Verizon is sending me to collections for the value of the router. In speaking with customer service last night, the manager refused to give me the tracking number of the prepaid label I was issued, and refused to give me the serial number of the router that is apparently "lost," but did say that he searched the serial number in the system and found that it was "in use." When I asked in use by whom, he said he was not allowed to divulge that information. I indicated that if the box was in use, and not by me, then they must have received it and reissued it, and he then said he was not allowed to discuss that and I was still responsible for the cost of the box. I want simple answers to these questions: (1) what serial number router is on my account that you did not receive, (2) is this serial number router in use by an account holder other than me, (3) what is the tracking number of the prepaid shipping label that you asked me to ship the router back with.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello rascal1711

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes