Re: Easy Pay (or not so Easy Pay!)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PhillyTom

We will put an agent in touch with you, also.

0 Likes
shub1

I have been on easy pay since last year. Verizon had a computer problem then and it deleted my easypay. They said it happened to a few thousand customers.

I called and after several people, had it fixed. January my payment did not come out of my checking. I called and after speaking to many people was told it was fixed. This month I received an mail that my account was overdue. I went online to pay and the screen said "do not pay" because I was enrolled in easy pay.

Today I spoke to 8 people in four departments. Some verified I was on easy pay, some could not tell. One told me to delete the account and start over. I spoke to a supervisor who said she would transfer me to yet another department. (I was cut off twice between transfers) I spent over an hour on the phone and gave up after the last cut off transfer.

I signed on to easy pay to eliminate these problems. Verizon admitted it was their fault, but no one seems capable of solving the problem. Meanwhile, my account online shows all is well. Payments are not taken out and twice they refunded my late fees, but did not solve the basic problem.

I will give them one more chance before I go back to Time Warner, where I had no problems. I thought FIOS speed would make up for things, but it has not shown to be that much of a benefit. No one was sympathetic to my problem and one, Randy in the Florida call center was downright rude. He tthreatened that my service would be cut off. I guess he made sure my account remained messed up.

0 Likes
SunshineF
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shub,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
shub1

Thanks. I am very frustrated with the service so far. Interesting that Verizon makes it so difficult to accept money.

0 Likes
nancynp

I totally agree, Easy Pay is just not working. I signed up last August when Fios installed and have had problems ever since with payment. Found out yesterday they had an email address for me that I haven't used in 15 years????

Also I do not use a cell phone and am unable to delete it from my profile. 

There is something definitely wrong with their service and internal operations.

Nancynp

0 Likes
Metrorail

I've been struggling with Easy Pay also. Since February, 2012 when I changed banks and made the change online to my VZ account, I've been unable to pay the bill. Online VZ account access shows a double payment. Now the next month's bill is showing. The clue for me is my checking account has not been debited by Verizon. There's been no attempt to access my account according to my bank and the account register I see online. VZ Customer Service cannot verify the account information other than to 'see' the last four digits of the account number and the routing number. Financial Services at VZ also cannot verify my account information other than to 'see' the last four digits of both my account number and my routing number.

It seems to me if there is a problem with the bank account number or bank routing number, it should be easy to observe and rectify. However, in the 'interest' of 'protecting' the customer, bank account information cannot be accessed for verification purposes. Any changes/updates take entirely too long. 2-3 months for the enrollment or changes to take affect is a problem. I don't see any reason this process can't happen in an hour, not a couple of months. Other credit institutions handle these matters in very short order. Why is this to cumbersome with VZ?

Currently, Melanie, a VZ account representative is investigating my problem. The account record shows Melanie is scheduled to call me back tomorrow and Wednesday. I do appreciate that there is a VZ agent working on my problem. However, I feel I need to voice my opinion and demonstrate what a problem this is. It would be so simple to be able to verify bank account information and correct any errors so the 'Easy Pay' process can work and improve efficiency and Customer Service.

0 Likes