Equifax Credit hard pull without permission
Jia1

Hello, i got hard pulled by credit score. For giving out my SSN, I was told by the representative is just regular check to see if I own some payments before. However, I got notification from my idcare that I have a credit card inquiry (2.16 )today in Verizon east. Could someone help me fix this credit hard pull problem by this misleading guidance ? I would be really appreciated it. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Equifax Credit hard pull without permission
jonjones1
Legend

@Jia wrote:

Hello, i got hard pulled by credit score. For giving out my SSN, I was told by the representative is just regular check to see if I own some payments before. However, I got notification from my idcare that I have a credit card inquiry (2.16 )today in Verizon east. Could someone help me fix this credit hard pull problem by this misleading guidance ? I would be really appreciated it. Thank you.

The process is hard pulls (credit inquiries) come in when the person is starting new service or has left and returned to get new service.

After you are a customer (like with banks, credit unions, or any financial institution) they do a “soft” inquiry. Which has no credit point weight.

a hard pull stays on for 2 years. You cannot dispute it, (if it was done fraudulent you can call the credit bureaus and tell them to remove it) if the company requested it legitimately as in granting you internet and tv or phone services it will not be removed.

normally up to four inquiries does no harm if spread out.

0 Likes
tknick

but how do they get away with telling people (myself) that specfically it is not a hard pull. I didnt give my ssn, nor was asked. I consented to a soft check which is what they said they were doing !!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes