Re: Equipment return fraud
njk82

I'm in the same boat. Sad to see this is a common problem. Returned one of our boxes in the pre-paid box, because I would have had to pay if I dropped it off at a verizon store. Big shock, they "haven't received it." So I'm still getting charged for a box we weren't using, and that they now have back.

0 Likes
daveman1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever I had to swap equipment I will gladly pay the FEE (Verizon all about fees) Just so I could have proof that I did return.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi njk82,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi njk82, 

Having confirmed the box received and credits applied, we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have need any further assistance with your service or account please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Equipment return fraud
marianex198

i am having the same issue !!! i returned 4 boxes and a router, now im being charged $399 for "unreturned" equipment, its soooo annoying and i cant get nowhere with customer service. 😞

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi marianex198,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing out your private support case. If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
KKP2

Feel your pain.....I've been dealing with the same issue for over a month.  I've spoken to a total of 10 representatives/agents which included one on the live chat.  I have gotten the run around by numerous agents, the latest excuse was that the ticket that was created for the problem was created under the wrong account number and that's why it wasn't processed by the back office.  I shipped the equipment back 4 Dec 2013 and Verizon's warehouse received it on 5 Dec 2013....still have the UPS receipt (anyone reading this who has equipment and has not sent back....make sure you keep this receipt), however when I spoke with one of the agents, she informed me that Verizon doesn't post the date received by the warehouse but the date the responsible departement receives the equipment from the warehouse which could be 30 - 60 days from the date the warehouse received.  Verizon errorenously sent my acct to collections (agent admitted this and then blamed me, she said you should've called us to let us know you sent back the equipment).  Now I have very good credit, or I did until Verizon's blunder.....so one can imagine I'm not very pleased with the majority of the customer service I received or how this issue has been handled.  Because of this, it has me thinking that I may just discontinue my wireless phone service with them as well (been a dedicated customer for awhile), because now my trust level with Verizon is at a zero.  The last representative was a jewel, but I hestitate to compliment too quickly because it's still not showing this issue is resolved, if and when it is, I will give her kudos and let Verizon know she's the only reliable agent I spoke with and they should pay her double for actually doing her job.  I hope your issue is resolved.  Oh I also tried with this forum before and an agent sent me to option that did not work.  Good Luck, because so far my luck hasn't been great with them and I hope they don't ruin your credit. 

0 Likes
Msangib1
I have had the same issue. Try 6 months!! I made calls almost each month for a final bill AFTER the equipment was received. I said that I would pay after the equipment was received. Last week I received a collection notice for $900+ . The lady at the agency was understanding but stated that she had to collect payment. I told her I wouldn't be paying on an incorrect amount and complaining to consumer affairs, FCC and the credit bureaus. 5+ employees stated the equipment was received and would be rectified. I was pleased with Verizon service except for the costs and now I have to take my personal time to rectify this. Thank goodness I have my UPS receipt.
0 Likes
Msangib1
Have you tried the settlement dept? I'm calling then also but not sure if it will work. Good luck !
0 Likes