Re: Equipment return fraud
uconnfan1

my replacement router came with an attached letter that said i did not need to return the old router because it was an old model and to please recycle it. then they sent me an email saying i had a few days left to return it or i would be charged up to 650.00. what? they told me not to return it so it's in the landfill per their suggestion.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi uconnfan1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
harishmittal

I have similar issue. Disconnected my service on july 26, returned the router on Aug 15 thru prepaid label got from verizon.

But getting calls if I returned the equipment. The caller can't confirm if they got the router, they just ask have I returned it. Got a letter too with router's serial number to return. I don't have the router. I returned it, pls fix.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi harishmittal,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
lizegill

Having the same issue right now. Seems to me that Verizon is comminting fraud.  I am going to contact the FCC regarding this.

I actually have verizon again and this has left such a bad taste in my mouth that i am going to cancel my new service and forget ever dealing with Verizon again.

I canceled my service back in April because I was getting a much better offer from Comcast.  I was told at the time to take my boxes to a verizon store but with a newborn I was never able to because it was very out of the way.  I called and advised them of my problem when I got the bill  I was never told that point that because it had been 30 days they wouldn't take it.  The representaive sent me the boxes to return them that way.  I returned the boxes  via UPS from my office.   The carrier scanned the package and took it.  It all was returned in the same box.

They are now claiming it was never received and shame on me for being trusting enough not to make a copy of the tracking.  They are attempting to collect $1000 for 2 boxes and a router.  They are claiming that even if they reveiced the boxes that I would still owe it because after 30 days we own the equipement.  Shouldn't that then have been returned to me since i OWNED them.

I'm calling now and trying to speak to a manager and the manger won't even get on the phone.

This is extremly shady business and I really expected more from verizon.  I am appauled that when you google this issue the amount of complatins in regards to verzion charging and claiming to "never have gotten the equipement " or charging anyway.  

So now I'm off to cancel all my verizon services and this time I am walking into a verizon location with my equipment and getting a receipt.  Then I have a call the FCC.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lizegill,

0 Likes
HatchwayX

If you call the Verizon equipment return helpline phone number shown on your bill and give them your account number then they can give you the tracking number.  From there you can at least get a delivery receipt.  Additionally, verizon has insured the deliver, so all you have to show is that you brought it to the post office or UPS.  (Verizon has your tracking number, because they created the prepaid label, i.e. once they inputed all your information, they generated a tracking number, and maintain this information).  Also, check to see if they are charging you taxes and surcharges based on the value of the allegedly unreturned equipment.  It seems more than obvious that they can't charge you tax on unreturned equipment.  They probably can't charge you FCC surcharges either.  

0 Likes
Stulgs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was billed for a unreturned cable box that I returned. I verified it's return when I received my first unreturned equipment notice.

I also have a shipping receipt because my gut told me something like this would have happened. The funny part about all of this is that before I got the bill for the credit, I had a >$50 credit...

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Stulgs

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jbrown181

I am so disappointed in verizon.  I loved FIOS and had it for the last 3 years but when I had to move at the end of August I returned ALL my equipment and then two months later bills started showing up saying that out of the 6 pieces I had, one was not returned.  This is absolutely not the truth as I returned all of my equipment.  I have spoken 3 times to CS represenatives who assured me time and time again the issue was resolved and they had written the tickets and it wouldn't be an issue.  Last week I moved out to Nebraksa,  I received mail that indicated my unpaid bill from verizon( for the equipment) was now  sent to collection agency after being assured many times the issue was resovled.  I called CS again two days ago- the lady on the phone said the ticket kept regenerating and that's why it was never resolved properly.  I am beyond frustrated with Verizon.  I am in the middle of purchusing a home and this is the last thing I need on my credit report.  I will never recommend your service to anyone again.  I should also state that my family has been using FIOS for the last 8 years as well as Verizon Wireless for the last 15 years.  I am astounded at how you treat your customers.

0 Likes