Equipment return fraud
srearoyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been, up until the last month or so, and extremely happy FIOS customer.  It all went south when I moved and I no longer could have FIOS, which is when I had to return the equipment back to Verizon.  First, all was fine...then VZ started calling every day about the equipment, even before the sent me the box!!! How stupid is that?

A few days later (about 15 days or go since I requested), I finally receive the box.  Phone calls still coming the entire time asking about equipment.  The box....huge box sent, only for a router, cable card, and the old standard sd set-top box.  So, I add in extra padding, wrap up all THREE items, and put them in the box with all the paperwork and drop it off at my works mail department to be picked up by UPS.  VZ sent a prepaid UPS label, so a plus for them.  However....

About two weeks later, I get another bill from VZ...I went from VZ owing me $53 to me owing VZ $52....I looked...the charged me for a cable card?  I called "customer service", and the person at the other end asked if I had a shipping receipt...why would I have a shipping receipt for a prepaid label? Kind of stupid.  I've never dropped off any pre-paid box/package anywhere and gotten a receipt....from the driver, ups store, or other. If it is prepaid, it's prepaid.  I explained that if VZ received one item, they received them all since they were all in the same box.  They were supposedly supposed to be looking for them.

Now, well over two weeks after I submitted my complaint, I still see VZ has not credited my account.  I still have a past due bill.  VZ still owe's me $53.  I know how VZ likes to ding people for not paying...how about if it is the other way around?  VZ chooses to use some third party to handle equipment returns, and due to that VZ has now dropped my satisfaction level to a new low, and now I am finding it very difficult to recommend service due to their failures. 

Anyone know how to get it fixed? I get tired of waiting and dealing with the unknowledgable CS people on the phone.  (it took over three years and about a dozen calls for them just to get my name correct on the bill)

Re: Equipment return fraud
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

srearoyl,

We were able to get your equipment and billing issues sorted resulting in a refund delivered to you. After confirming you've received the refund we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions about your previous account or Verizon home services in general. Please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VA

kevlittle123

I as well am having the same problem with Verizon. All was good until I had to move and I am being charged for $600 because Verizon has not received my Cable box. I sent the cable box, along with my Internet modem, before I made my last payment. I get calls all the time about it being missing. I packaged everything in the box that Verizon sent. I even talked with a representative and they said to wait. It has been a month and I am still getting calls and having to pay $600, which I WILL NOT because I do not have the box anymore. I do not know what to do and it is really annyoing to get these calls. Please fix IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kevlittle123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Par for returns to lots of companies. Seems like the receiving groups don't botther entereing what they received or from whom.  Had to follow up each time with DirecTv, Dish. amd Verizon when I returned equipment.  And for anything they didn't  ask for, make sure you pack it away and save it for a long while, just in case.  Even when they do (for Verizon they actually did) it doesn't always get correctly matched up.  Last exchange (which had to be done twice because the first replacement STB had a loose metal plate rolling around inside it), they had two boxes down as returned, but not taken off my equipment inventory that was on my bill.

ALWAYS GET A SHIPPING RECEIPT.  UPS, e.g., always offers me one when I drop off a package with a prepaid lablel.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

kevlittle123,

We have closed your private support thread due to no response. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
ceen0te
Enthusiast - Level 1

I returned my only set top box  with 1 remote controller to the Verizon store as advised by Verizon CS online when I cancelled my service before my move. There never was any mention during the service cancellation call that I had two standard set top boxes, I really only have one by the way. 

When my turn came to return my box, the service rep at the store asked for my 2nd box, in which I explained I only had one, and that the reason I may have 2 is because the first one that was installed when I moved in wasn't working after the tech came by to set up my residential service. He immediately switched out the boxes, but now Verizon thinks I have 2 set tops because someone dropped the ball along the way. The store personnel acknowledged the problem and collected my returns without incident.

It's been a little over a month since I returned the box and remote, but for the last 3 plus weeks, I've been getting harrassing phone calls from a Verizon dealer  during non-office hours reminding me to return the 2nd box that I never had. The voicemail I get everytime says that a return UPS box has been sent to me (I never received one) and to return all remaining equipment or get slapped with non-return of equipment charge. I was also given a number to call back with questions or concerns, but I always end up getting to voicemail because the automated service couldn't find my old account number nor verify my account via my social security number. I have since left multiple voicemails to the number provided, but am still getting phone calls every week to return my non-existent equipment and my voicemails to the dealer have been ignored.

I called the Verizon store where I returned the equipment (1 standard box, 1 remote controller) before my move, they have verified my return over the phone and checked their records, they advised me to contact Verizon directly. Calling CS at Verizon takes an average of 30 minutes wait time, why am I having to pay for a mistake that a Verizon representative messed up? Why is it so hard to get something resolved? I am not going to pay for something that I never received. 

What choice do I have at this point to not get slapped with a $650 price tag for Verizon's mistake? Please resolve this issue ASAP.

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

ceen0te,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

We have not heard back from you. We will be closing out this support case, if you have any additional questions please let us know by creating a  new thread. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes