Error from Verizon when trying to pay bill online; money still taken from account
RobD91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have now tried multiple times to pay my Fios bill using both the website and app. Everytime I try it says "payment cannot be processed" and the bill appears to remain unpaid. Yet the money is taken from my bank account every time. I have tried calling and nobody can help. I just keep getting transfered to another person who is clueless. I have also asked for an extension on the bill while I deal with getting the money back from the bank and have yet to hear back from anyone.

0 Likes
Re: Error from Verizon when trying to pay bill online; money still taken from account
jonjones1
Legend

@RobD91wrote:

I have now tried multiple times to pay my Fios bill using both the website and app. Everytime I try it says "payment cannot be processed" and the bill appears to remain unpaid. Yet the money is taken from my bank account every time. I have tried calling and nobody can help. I just keep getting transfered to another person who is clueless. I have also asked for an extension on the bill while I deal with getting the money back from the bank and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Extension for what? If you have paid multiple times as per your post no extension is necessary. When you contact your bank or credit card company to do a chargeback just they payments you mark for them to charge back are given back. So say you paid the invoice 3 times at $100 the bank or credit card company will only give back $200 since the $100 was the correct payment.

paying an invoice to stop a shutdown or suspension of service then saying it should not have been paid is a crime. That is why you don’t want to chargeback unless absolutely necessary.

0 Likes
Re: Error from Verizon when trying to pay bill online; money still taken from account
RobD91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes but my real problem is that the bill, even though the money has been taken from my account, is still not showing up as paid. Every representative I've spoken to has said the last payment they recieved is from March 7th, last months bill. And I asked for the extension becuase the due date is today and I don't want my service to be suspended.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

0 Likes