Error when adding cell or alt number in MyVerizon, site super slow, 2 customer requests
julesagogo

Hi - I can't sign up for SMS notifications because I get error messages when trying to add my cell or alternate number in MyVerizon - Account Profile here:

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/Protected/Account/MyAccountProfile.aspx

When I add my Google number, I get this - "Please re-enter a working mobile phone number or enter "none" if you do not have a Mobile Telephone Number."

When I add my AT&T wireless number, I get "Unable to Update Number. Please try again!!!" (seriously, multiple exclamation points?)  Smiley Surprised

The site is also extremely slow - all other sites work fine, it just takes 10-15 seconds for pages to refresh @ verizon.com.

Customer requests

• The security questions are...less than optimum.  Please allow me to write my own questions/answers.  My favorites change about as often as I have to sign in to this system.
  • Add a "notify me in case a payment is not made on time" option to the payment reminders options.  Mine are autopaid monthly by credit card so I don't have to look at the crazy amount I'm paying for...the service I have.  Actually, everything's paid automatically these days, even the credit card that pays you.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Win XP Pro SP3 on Chrome (latest)

0 Likes
UPDATE: Errors resolved, site still slow, requests still requested
julesagogo

When I reopened the page, I was able to see the numbers I'd entered.  I still can't add a Google number, though.

0 Likes
Re: Error when adding cell or alt number in MyVerizon, site super slow, 2 customer requests
Weaver_56

I've been trying to pay my bill and upgrade my service for weeks but the site keeps throwing me out or crashing.

You'd think those would be two functions the company would want to have working, wouldn't you?  It ain't me: when I get thrown out or it crashes, I have no trouble logging into other sites.    So, apparently, their internet service works, though the website definitely does not!

0 Likes
Re: UPDATE: Errors resolved, site still slow, requests still requested
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Google Voice numbers are not registered as mobile numbers. I've run into that issue a couple of times with other services requiring a mobile number.

Not sure why...

0 Likes