Escalating past a rude "supervisor"
SriNewton

Hi there - I've been a Verizon customer for over ten years and I've never had ruder service than I had this evening.   We had Verizon Gigabit and then moved to an apartment from December, 2017 to April, 2018 while conducting renovations on our house.  We paused our internet in our house at this time and tried to set up Verizon work in our temp apartment.  It turns out it didn't work, so I called to cancel the Verizon for our new apartment in December, 2017.  Fast forward to May, 2018 when we moved back, we restarted our Verizon Gigabit.  I also noticed that my credit card was still being billed for the apartment internet.  I called, talked to someone, they apologized and assured me that it the account was cleared to a zero balance and backdated to the original November 27, 2017 sign-up date.

In June, 2018, I received another paper bill for an outstanding balance for the time while we were in apartment - which we never could use.  I called again, and again, the agent apologized, said that it was zeroed out and I could ignore anything in the future.  

Today, August 16, I received a paper bill from a collections agency for the balance.  I called again, and this time, the rep and then the supervisor (Mark) said there's nothing they can do, and that I actually owe the full balance.  I explained the situation and they said they had no notes that indicated anything otherwise.  I explained that I've been a customer for a decade and, in fact, I'm still a customer of their gigabit in my primary residence.  He explained that there's nothing he could do nor would he transfer me to anyone else.  They said he had no records of this and that they 'take very good notes'.  I asked him multiple times to speak to someone else.  He said "there's no one else you can talk to, just me."   I was really talking to the highest person at Verizon?  I even asked to speak to his peer and he said no, you can't do that and just repeated the outstanding balance.  He said his notes show that this was cancelled in May, and that I have to pay for the services rendered.  I explained that I would have used the service if I could have, but the apartment building didn't support it.  So I had to go with another option. 

Does someone have a phone number or e-mail of someone that could help me?  I was extremely disappointed with the service this evening and at his continued repetition of his unwillingness to help me further.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Escalating past a rude "supervisor"
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi SriNewton,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes