Exchanging the set top box......And being charged extra for the "privilege"
lbenedi

I called Verizon this morning to find out about upgrading the STB to one with HD.  The customer service rep was not terribly helpful, but finally agreed that we could upgrade the STB; however, we would have to take it directly to the nearest Verizon Store to make an exchange.

Okay, no problem.  The store is not convenient to us, but we did find it at the address given - - in the middle of the local shopping mall, during the Christmas rush.  Since the Verizon Store is not set up to make that type of exchange, they charged us $10 in order to do so.  SOMETHING that the unhelpful customer rep did not  mention to me on the phone this morning.   If we had made the exchange by mail, which Verizon normally does, then no problem, and no extra charges.

As my husband said, if he had known the store was at the mall, and they were going to charge us because WE BROUGHT IT BACK TO THEM DIRECTLY, he would have rather driven in front of a truck.  Considering that Verizon is continuing to make a great, big profit from us with the new upgrade, I'm one disgusted and unhappy customer.

Not very classy, Verizon!!

0 Likes